Sierra TGK .30 165gr

I’ve heard they’re pretty tough although obviously not bonded. Distances in the Karoo are a little longer than the Bushveld so its unlikely impact velocities will be in excess of 2600fps. We’ll be biltong hunting so hopefully any of the following: Springbok, Gemsbok, Kudu, Black Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest.

opposite pole,
that will depend on what size game you shoot with it.
and also how big its bones are.
and where and at what angle you hit it.
bruce.

Ok, so as far as recommended velocities go Sierra says it will expand correctly down to about 1800fps but they do not have max impact velocity. They said they’ve pushed it up to 3400fps in Weatherby but it was not tested for expansion at that velocity. They reckon shot out of 300 Win Mag it’d be ok on Whitetail deer.

I’m in Europe presently (on a train just north of Paris to be precise). I’ve got few pounds of Varget left from before the imports stopped. Most IMR and Hodgdon powders contain chemicals banned under European REACH programme due to their toxicity and so imports are no longer allowed. A shame really cause there’s some really good stuff being made under Hodgdon brand by ADI.
@opposite pole.
I can't understand the ban to Europe as ADI is owned by a French conglomerate Thales.
Bob

Anyone had any experience of the TGKs? Was planning on loading some of the 7mm 165gr into 7x64

Scrummy

Hi. I use them in my 30-06 at2925 fps (25”) barrel. It’s a very accurate tough bullet. This Gemsbok was taken at 308m (impact velocity approximately 2250fps). Slightly quartering to and the entrance was just in front of the right shoulder. Bullet was recovered under the skin on of the off-side. Retained weight was 129grains (about 78%).
Image1602430072.863494.jpg
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0664.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross