Show us your movies about Africa

THE HON. DENYS FINCH HATTON BIG GAME RIFLE
A CHARLES LANCASTER .450 (3 1/4IN) NITRO EXPRESS BACK-ACTION SIDELOCK EJECTOR DOUBLE RIFLE, serial no. 13315,
25in.

IMG_2891_zps5ce72811.jpg

It was used again in a buffalo hunt by the man who purchased it at auction

DARK OF THE SUN with Rod Taylor is another good African non hunting movie, based on a Wilbur Smith book.

Is the movie good?

If I remember correct Kenya's first ivory burn was a collaboration between Kuki Gallmann and Richard Leaky.
Unfortunately it is aptly named, you will soon be dreaming of something else while viewing this one. A snoozer.

My only real problem with OUT OF AFRICA is the miscasting of a short American playing a rather tallish Englishman in the Finch-Hatton role, when there were lots of good actors out there better suited for the part. I like Redford (as an actor) but he was miscast here. I read that the movie wouldn't have happened without him so I guess we should thank for that. I thought Klaus Maria Brandauer stole the movie as the cad husband of Streep.

My only real problem with OUT OF AFRICA is the miscasting of a short American playing a rather tallish Englishman in the Finch-Hatton role, when there were lots of good actors out there better suited for the part. I like Redford (as an actor) but he was miscast here. I read that the movie wouldn't have happened without him so I guess we should thank for that. I thought Klaus Maria Brandauer stole the movie as the cad husband of Streep.

Just watched Out of Africa again tonight, thanks to this thread. Loved the scenery.

Endless_Summer_airport.jpg

The endless summer surf film brought surfing to places in Africa. South Africa had a surf scene but vast portions remained unsurfed

ES_4LG.jpg

A portion of the movie featured big game hunter and real life Hatari. Terence Bullen

I enjoyed out of Africa years ago when it was just released and haven't seen it again. I need to watch it.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 167
Wheels you are pulling out the oldies but goodies!

Think I am going to watch the wild geese again.

@sestoppelman agree was absolutely crap movie "dreamed of africa"..

Another Wilbur Smith story that filmed well with Lee Marvin and Roger Moore was SHOUT AT THE DEVIL. A real hoot! Book was great too.

I guess he is really good in the REVENANT for which he won his first Best Actor Oscar. I have not seen it yet though. Despite his very left politics I like his movies for the most part, but Blood Diamond is my favorite so far. BODY OF LIES is also very good, middle East movie.
Man In the wilderness .....is the original
Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.