Show Us Your Hunting Knife

Bob, just yesterday you asked me what rifle I would take to shoot pigs if we plan a hunt.
What you you have said if I said .243? You know I have one.

Bob, just yesterday you asked me what rifle I would take to shoot pigs if we plan a hunt.
What you you have said if I said .243? You know I have one.
@CBH Australia
May be on less person or one less rifle on the trip.
I refuse to finish any more game for any one using a 243.
Them pigs up there get big and mud encrusted.
Bob

Here’s Bob holding “Sting” and thinking, “OK, who’s got the 243 in their pocket?”.

F25290CE-1198-438E-81EA-2CEC4EFBBC31.png

And just remembered the history of Gandalf’s main sword. It too was made by the elves of the First Age. It was called “Foe-Hammer” by the Great Goblin, leader of the underground goblins. It scared him to death and Gandalf finally used it on him. :)
A38FC842-AD8D-48E8-BA72-2DBD6848E258.jpeg

Here’s Bob holding “Sting” and thinking, “OK, who’s got the 243 in their pocket?”.

View attachment 450508

And just remembered the history of Gandalf’s main sword. It too was made by the elves of the First Age. It was called “Foe-Hammer” by the Great Goblin, leader of the underground goblins. It scared him to death and Gandalf finally used it on him. :)
View attachment 450513
Is Townsend @Bob Nelson 35Whelen holding his glowing elven bladed sword in one of the caves in Middle Earth (aka: Australia)?

It's hard to tell because it's buried in the skull of an alligator but it's got a nicely folded blade. South Carolina only allows pistols for finishing off alligators and only after they're subdued at boat side. So we have to bring them in alive (we us fishing poles and hand lines) and shoot them at boatside. I never trust a limp gator so I make sure with the knife before carrying on to the next steps...

50393615716_d818b3b199_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to tell because it's buried in the skull of an alligator but it's got a nicely folded blade. South Carolina only allows pistols for finishing off alligators and only after they're subdued at boat side. So we have to bring them in alive (we us fishing poles and hand lines) and shoot them at boatside. I never trust a limp gator so I make sure with the knife before carrying on to the next steps...

View attachment 450590
Wow, I didn't know they had alligators in South Carolina? Nice!

Wow, I didn't know they had alligators in South Carolina? Nice!

The eastern half of the state is covered with them. Here's one that decoyed to my goose spread...

They really aren't a problem unless you try to hunt with a dog before middle November. A 12-footer got a guy's lab on a dove hunt I was on. All I remember was him saying something like, "what am I going to tell my wife when I show up at home without that dog..."

They used to be rather arrogant until SC opened a hunting season on them in 2009. Before that they wouldn't move. The big ones would suck in some air so their backs would come entirely out of the water - kind'a like they were saying, "you want some of this?"

After we started hunting them, though, they got the message. If a bream fisherman pulls into a cove with alligators even the big ones will slowly sink and get out of Dodge. It's really a testament to hunting. If a cold-blooded animal with a brain the size of a walnut can figure out that humans are trying to kill him and learn to avoid people, I'm sure the grizzly bears in Yellowstone would figure it out quickly too...

4948749034_bfc00d1af3_b.jpg

View attachment 450590

Well, we can't hunt Crocodile or hunt with handguns.
Explains why Crocodile Dundee carried a Big knife.

The eastern half of the state is covered with them. Here's one that decoyed to my goose spread...

They really aren't a problem unless you try to hunt with a dog before middle November. A 12-footer got a guy's lab on a dove hunt I was on. All I remember was him saying something like, "what am I going to tell my wife when I show up at home without that dog..."
Step One, I would be worried what I'm gonna tell the authorities when I'm taking the dead Alligator home.
Step 2 the wife's gonna be pissed about the dog.
I'm gonna miss the dog but the alligator doesn't get away with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois