Show Us Your Highland Stalker

Another late to the party but Picked this up not too long ago. Now just to get it ready for PG.

Image1685673078.754318.jpg

Image1685673091.747788.jpg

Image1685673100.987374.jpg

Attachments

• Image1685673034.135620.jpg
    Image1685673034.135620.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 62
Here's my stalkers started with the 275 and added a 9.3. Have enjoyed hunting with both. Upgraded wood on the 9.3 by previous owner, when he purchased it.
Didn't like the factory turn in mounts so now has quick detach leupolds.
They are good to carry and handle well.
Carrying a HS its a good day even if you get nothing.
here's some pics cheers Mick
left 275, right 9.3
SSrCV4.jpg

3g9W9O.jpg

SWLNyN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my stalkers started with the 275 and added a 9.3. Have enjoyed hunting with both. Upgraded wood on the 9.3 by previous owner, when he purchased it.
Didn't like the factory turn in mounts so now has quick detach leupolds.
They are good to carry and handle well.
Carrying a HS its a good day even if you get nothing.
here's some pics cheers Mick
left 275, right 9.3
View attachment 537307
View attachment 537306
View attachment 537308

Good to see another Aussie slinging a Highland Stalker in 9.3!

It’s truly amazing how many on this forum have Highland Stalkers. Marc clearly read the market correctly with these rifles. I love the rifle, and I have to admit that there’s a part of me that likes knowing my name is in the ledger of a London gun company.

It’s truly amazing how many on this forum have Highland Stalkers. Marc clearly read the market correctly with these rifles. I love the rifle, and I have to admit that there’s a part of me that likes knowing my name is in the ledger of a London gun company.
And the majority seem to be in 275 and 9.3, I wonder if there is anyone on this forum that has the 300 win mag chambering the long heavy barrel

And the majority seem to be in 275 and 9.3, I wonder if there is anyone on this forum that has the 300 win mag chambering the long heavy barrel
I hope not! Terrible decision making on the configuration for that one IMO. No open sights on a stalking rifle?? 26” long barrel?? I can’t understand why they didn’t/don’t make one in 300 H&H!

I had a few things added to make mine to make it special to me. Bolt peep and some CCH for the rings, floor plate and other parts, leather recoil pad. These were all spot and stalk kills with the Highland Stalker. :D
HS w pig.JPG
Montana mulie.jpg
West Texas 8.JPG
zebra w Rigby.JPG

I hope not! Terrible decision making on the configuration for that one IMO. No open sights on a stalking rifle?? 26” long barrel?? I can’t understand why they didn’t/don’t make one in 300 H&H!
Yes the 300 win mag is configured poorly. And grossly overpriced. According to a guy I visited with from Gordy's, they are not selling.

On your other point, a 300 H&H requires a magnum length action so would need to be built on the Big Game action. Not the lightweight Stalker. I'm sure there are other options that could be used, however that would require further customization and the resulting higher cost.

Just get a HS in 30-06! Call it your 300 Rigby;)

24" heavy profile barrel would have been plenty but my biggest issue is the cost, here in Australia a HS in 300 win mag with no upgrades costs more than the new DSB big game in 450 with upgrades I just ordered. Ridiculous price on the HS in 300 win mag, I can't see how they will sell.

If you look at the pics in my previous post you will see that in one it has EAW pivot mounts and in the other Talley QDs. Both work well. The Talley’s are too low for use with a Swarovski scope. The EAW’s are just high enough for use with Swarovski optics and allow the scope to be mounted further to the rear.

I believe that I am done tinkering with scopes on this rifle. It now wears a Swarovski Z6 1.7-10 in EAW mounts. I’m not sure what your intentions are for your rifle, but that combo is spot on for my future applications.

View attachment 540952

Picked up this HS today in 30-06. Will post better pics once it arrives. Need scope mount advice. Noticed several folks were using EAW. Any comments on your experiences with mounts would be appreciated.
Very beautiful HS. Congrats!

Picked up this HS today in 30-06. Will post better pics once it arrives. Need scope mount advice. Noticed several folks were using EAW. Any comments on your experiences with mounts would be appreciated.

Nice - congrats.

Like Mick @264 I went with the Leupold QRs. Tried Hexalocks but found them too high and couldn't get the scope (Z3) rearward enough. The Leupold 'Extended' rings worked well.

images.jpg
030317499815_1_500x.jpg

If you look at the pics in my previous post you will see that in one it has EAW pivot mounts and in the other Talley QDs. Both work well. The Talley’s are too low for use with a Swarovski scope. The EAW’s are just high enough for use with Swarovski optics and allow the scope to be mounted further to the rear.

I believe that I am done tinkering with scopes on this rifle. It now wears a Swarovski Z6 1.7-10 in EAW mounts. I’m not sure what your intentions are for your rifle, but that combo is spot on for my future applications.
Thank you for the quick reply. Actually the Z6 1.7-10x42 is one of my favorites and will probably be what I use. Maybe the illuminated reticle version. This will primarily be for plains game, leopard and some local deer hunting at reasonable ranges.

Are these the EAW mounts directly from Rigby? I was wondering if they match the finish on the HS?

Nice - congrats.

Like Mick @264 I went with the Leupold QRs. Tried Hexalocks bust found them too high and could get the scope (Z3) rearward enough. The Leupold 'Extended' rings worked well.

images

030317499815_1_500x.jpg
I agree. From the pics I’ve seen hexalocks are too tall. Those leupolds look nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,