Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
KZN Hunters/ SAHGCA/
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Good day gentlemen,

I have a few (16) new copies of this book for sale. Asking $350 per book. DHL from RSA to USA is R660 or $40. It takes about 6-8 days to arrive via DHL. We can split courier costs, and I’ll send the book for $370.

Payment via paypall.

Image1674807622.100545.jpg

Thank you @Dewald for finding the other book and this one is a nice bonus!

Guys, get these while you can!

Thanks for the kind words. Your books are alomost on their way Andrew

Another two books on their way tomorrow.

Is there any other payment apart from paypall you guys would prefer?

PayPal froze my account for 6 months years ago for buying ammo from another forum.

Now I prefer Zelle, it comes with most major banks online services and many people have it without even knowing.

I’ve paid everything from mechanics to fishing guides with it.

Thanks deewayne2003,

It seems Zelle only works between US banks, so not an option in SA

4 books are on their way to the Angola and the USA via DHL. Their owners shoud have them in the next 7-10 days

Classic book ...worth every penny as a must for the library.... only wish a 4th edition or reprint would happen. I have both the 2nd and 3rd editions. As for reloading, modern sites such as Hornady and Nosler have good information. Graeme led the way.

Classic book ...worth every penny as a must for the library.... only wish a 4th edition or reprint would happen. I have both the 2nd and 3rd editions. As for reloading, modern sites such as Hornady and Nosler have good information. Graeme led the way.

I know Graeme. He is a remarkable man, with unparalleled knowledge of old British guns and rifles. He was a commercial pilot for Cathy Pacic and is a well traveled and researched scholar.

I saw him at Safari Club some years ago... a true passion for the double. When I was first working up my double, there was NOTHING out there until his book came into my possession. Since then, I have had more confidence to push the envelope. Yes, one can just use 105-108 gr of IMR 4831 and all is well. Ah.. but then there is Varget to match up against RL15 plus the newer powders like RL17, and 4955. The temperature resistant powders have been a boon.

5th book will clinb on the DHL Van today

Au contraire - I have a 2nd edition. Good info, but certainly not worth current asking prices. I am constantly amazed by the imagined "mystique" over double rifles. I have owned at least a dozen or so the years, and currently have three sitting in the rack. Great charge guns, and probably good in lighter calibers for thin skinned came in thick brush. Let us all remember (that almost sounds like a eulogy) that it is the first shot that counts, not the second or third or . . . .

Au contraire - I have a 2nd edition. Good info, but certainly not worth current asking prices. I am constantly amazed by the imagined "mystique" over double rifles. I have owned at least a dozen or so the years, and currently have three sitting in the rack. Great charge guns, and probably good in lighter calibers for thin skinned came in thick brush. Let us all remember (that almost sounds like a eulogy) that it is the first shot that counts, not the second or third or . . . .
And as in real estate....location, location. location.... Think of all those 458 Win Mags tucked away in safes... never seeing the Dark Continent. I'd rummage around my favorite gun store seeing what was for sale on the used side. Occasionally an "African" caliber rifle would show up in pristine condition. That first trip to the range probably convinced the new owner that the recoil was more than they wanted. But the big doubles can be throttled back to BPE levels for fun.

I saw him at Safari Club some years ago... a true passion for the double. When I was first working up my double, there was NOTHING out there until his book came into my possession. Since then, I have had more confidence to push the envelope. Yes, one can just use 105-108 gr of IMR 4831 and all is well. Ah.. but then there is Varget to match up against RL15 plus the newer powders like RL17, and 4955. The temperature resistant powders have been a boon.
+1 for RL15 - much less perceived recoil and stellar performance in my 450#2

+1 for RL15 - much less perceived recoil and stellar performance in my 450#2
From experience and from Wright's book, the larger charges of slower powders increase felt recoil RL15 is the go to powder for Kynock and for Federal. Federal uses the proprietary Fed 216 primer. I bought some Federal cases surplus from their "African" loads and the primer had a lime green color. I tested them in the 470 and the velocities were higher... 216!! The Federal 216s allow them to forego the need for the wad used in the Kynoch loading. Can't buy the 216s from Federal. I played with Varget as it is in the same burn level as RL15. One needs 2 grains more of Rl15 to match Varget in the 470. Also Varget is temp insensitive. Anyone playing with IMR 3031 is nuts. Any medium powder and slower works... just depends on case volume and need for wad/Dacron. Oh... a 450#2!!! Nice...very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg