Shooting the British Double 3d edition

From experience and from Wright's book, the larger charges of slower powders increase felt recoil RL15 is the go to powder for Kynock and for Federal. Federal uses the proprietary Fed 216 primer. I bought some Federal cases surplus from their "African" loads and the primer had a lime green color. I tested them in the 470 and the velocities were higher... 216!! The Federal 216s allow them to forego the need for the wad used in the Kynoch loading. Can't buy the 216s from Federal. I played with Varget as it is in the same burn level as RL15. One needs 2 grains more of Rl15 to match Varget in the 470. Also Varget is temp insensitive. Anyone playing with IMR 3031 is nuts. Any medium powder and slower works... just depends on case volume and need for wad/Dacron. Oh... a 450#2!!! Nice...very nice.
I certainly have to use the foam plug in the 3.5” case...I’ve got Varget but haven’t tried it yet. Thank you for the information !

I can’t imagine shooting vintage double guns wothout the lep of Graeme’s book and the Woodleigh manual

I think this book may be a good investment for me, I hope there are still copies available. I’ll send you a message!

I think this book may be a good investment for me, I hope there are still copies available. I’ll send you a message!

There are indeed available. I reference my own book monthly. Its a wealt of knowledge.

I’ve sent yo a DM

7 books sold. 9 to go. Don’t miss out

Let us all remember (that almost sounds like a eulogy) that it is the first shot that counts, not the second or third or . . . .
....but the second can save your butt!

HWL

Thanks Dewald, love the book.

From experience and from Wright's book, the larger charges of slower powders increase felt recoil RL15 is the go to powder for Kynock and for Federal. Federal uses the proprietary Fed 216 primer. I bought some Federal cases surplus from their "African" loads and the primer had a lime green color. I tested them in the 470 and the velocities were higher... 216!! The Federal 216s allow them to forego the need for the wad used in the Kynoch loading. Can't buy the 216s from Federal. I played with Varget as it is in the same burn level as RL15. One needs 2 grains more of Rl15 to match Varget in the 470. Also Varget is temp insensitive. Anyone playing with IMR 3031 is nuts. Any medium powder and slower works... just depends on case volume and need for wad/Dacron. Oh... a 450#2!!! Nice...very nice.
Curious, why you think anyone playing with IMR3031 is nuts? Ken Owens told me it was the closest to the Cordite used in my 1908 DR and much less felt recoil versus other powders. I have had zero problems with it.

Curious, why you think anyone playing with IMR3031 is nuts? Ken Owens told me it was the closest to the Cordite used in my 1908 DR and much less felt recoil versus other powders. I have had zero problems with it.
For example I can shoot 80 grains of IMR3031 versus 100 grains of any other powder for my 500 NE 3 inch

All 9 the purchased booked have been dispatched via DHL, and the transactions went faultless. Waybills sent to all partys.

There are 7 books left, of this last available box of 3d editions.
Hurry up to get your last chace at a copy.

Regards,
Dewald

Definitely Kevin. WhatsApp sent

I went ahead and blew a bit more of the kids' inheritance and ordered a book;)

It arrived a few days ago. Shipped by DHL in a padded soft package, it arrived in perfect condition.

Do business with @Dewald with confidence:)

Six books left. Likely the only 6 untouched 3d editions remaining

Six books left. Likely the only 6 untouched 3d editions remaining
I would like one of these as well if you still have one - I just messaged you.

Three books left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BelleTjalk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you