Shooting Sticks...

i have the Primos Tripod. They are light, easy to carry as they can be shortened completely. and really easy to adjust the hight with the trigger grip. Ill buy another one of them if i had to buy a new one

I cant comment on African deployment but my bog-pod has served me very well indeed. It was stable enough when shooting full power loads in the 404 Jeffery that when shot having the hand in the yoke rather than the rifle, there was no movement of the rest head so it was ready for another shot with no need to re-set. I use it every time for my small game hunting of rabbits as the shots all have to be taken off hand so out to 150 yds with a 20 cal is easily doable.
Very steady set-up.

stony point tri pod with bison hide in the y position for cushioning.

Have used Long Grass sticks and will always have a set. For my 470 Nitro express, and my Dakota African 404 Jeff added the big bore leather pad that slips over the top of the sticks and makes shooting more manageable, and protects the pricier rifle stocks. These can be had from African Sporting Creations. Just ordered a set of their Turnbull shooting sticks with case colored connectors. Anxious to try these out. Shooting the big bores, little time at the bench other to work up loads, most time offhand or off sticks. The shooting sticks are a great gift for your African outfitter as you finish your hunts, and have been appreciated. agree with the above, practice, practice, practice.

Locally I use store bought glass fibre tripod with a quick release "pistol" type grip to drop the 3 x legs in a Nano second. These work well in uneven terrain as well... simply hold in the "trigger release "and move the tripod around a bit and the legs automatically set themselves. Once the trigger is released they LOCK for sure and do not move. A bit of a hassle to lug around on airplanes etc, so when hunting across borders I use the PH bush sticks and prefer the tripod to bipod versions. Trees also work very well ..:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Any shooting sticks can help and are a good option. I have used Vanguard and Bogpod, the full length and fully adjustable height ones, both work well. I have also used homemade shooting sticks with my PH in SA, also worked well. Best of luck

I have tripods and bipods here at the place and shoot off of them regularly (to include a nice eight-pointer from the "fence stand" - i.e. folding chair and bipod by the fence) two days ago. However, I have never brought my own across the water. Your PH will have one or the other and they all seem to work about the same to me. One exception might be the Zambezi Delta where I would have happily stolen them from my PH to use as a walking stick in that bleeding marsh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois