AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Members , a few nice photos of Johan Greyling shooting one of his front loading black powder canons using self made black powder. The black powder Johan Greyling is of very high quality.

eeQkMSt.jpg

4smbRKp.jpg

NgxGGt7.jpg

Attachments

• NgxGGt7.jpg
    NgxGGt7.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 284
  • eeQkMSt.jpg
    eeQkMSt.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 4smbRKp.jpg
    4smbRKp.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am completely convinced about the quality of this black powder.

Please have enough stock for the 2019 black powder hunt!!!

(y)

HWL

Now I am completely convinced about the quality of this black powder.

Please have enough stock for the 2019 black powder hunt!!!

(y)
Georg, we will have more than you will be able to shoot out during the hunt.....:A Thumbs Up:

HWL

Georg, this black powder is really high quality..it is burning cleanly in the rifle barrels..(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: HWL
I feel outgunned with my 11 mm Mauser now!

;)

HWL

HWL, it makes two of us now:LOL::LOL::LOL: Noting more beautiful seeing this huge flame spit out from the canon barrel..:A Banana:

A representation of Use Enough Gun?

Now that is a Big Bang!

Yes, the timing of this shot was excellent , the camera man did an excellent job. This was to commemorate the 125 years anniversary of a small town in Mpumalanga , Dullstroom ..today it is a trout fishing mekka ...here is another canon build by Herman Nel, one of the participants of our Black powder hunt.
P3191495_zpsiwyduqme.jpg

Another few photos of Johan Greyling shooting his canon
B7vZylN.jpg

2j34Hff.jpg

a1G31uU.jpg

Attachments

• P3191495_zpsiwyduqme.jpg
    P3191495_zpsiwyduqme.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 258
  • B7vZylN.jpg
    B7vZylN.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 2j34Hff.jpg
    2j34Hff.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 259
  • a1G31uU.jpg
    a1G31uU.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:
Do it again, do it again, do it again,:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Garry, yes, I love the smell of black powder just after the canon was fired...(y)(y)

Garry, yes, I love the smell of black powder just after the canon was fired...(y)(y)
Hi Gert,

Have you aged any of this black powder or have you treated it with anything? I ask because all the black powder I have ever made (small samples) is corned to various grades. (I am not picky about what Grade I use in my gun but it is likely somewhere between Fg and FFFg). Anyhow, after any sort of time storing it, unless it is treated with red gum and alcohol, the powder breaks down and the whole container gets really dusty as the granules break apart. The red gum is what makes commercial black powder granules shiny and why they flow so well, don't absorb water and don't clump. Have you added this to your mix or do you have another method of keeping it fresh?

Gert,
do you have some to supply my gun shop?? :LOL:

Johan Greyling said you can seal the container with wax , the inside thread that is to keep out any air/moisture.
Bruce, Johan Greyling is selling his black powder product already. You can contact him .(y)(y)

A video of Johan Greyling shooting the Boere canon, Grietjie at the annual "Gelofte Fees " of 2018 , 16 December we commemorate the promise our fore fathers made after the battle of Bloed rivier in 1838, 16 December ....

Here are videos of Johan Greyling shooting targets using his self build canons and self made black powder. Johan shot at a target and hit it with a cast canon ball...

Hitting a target with a canon, these canons really are quite accurate
full

Reactions: HWL
Great posting.................would love to see a couple of shots with "two headed angels".......................FWB

I am now curious to know the weight of the projectile and the muzzle velocity! I have a mini cannon (about .60 cal) that we shoot bb’s and marbles out of. This is a fantastic step up. The hole in the target is impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross