Shooters, read this and tell me how much you hate Trump!

I knew I could rely on you to be the Negative Nancy, Debbie Downer:(. We American shooters take our victories where we find them, and this is one of them.(y)

Bexar County Texas went under a lockdown order at 23:59 hours on March 24. My LGS sent customers like myself an email they were reduced store hours to 3PM-6PM Wed-Sat for the duration of this order, and only one customer at a time would be allowed into their shop with the doors otherwise locked except for single custone entrance and egress. Sounded pretty rational to me all things concerned.

The shop is in Hill Country Village, Texas an area surrounded by San Antonio but not incorporated. On Wed afternoon they sent another email advising Hollywood Park Texas police officers had come during their reduced business hours and single customer admission protocol and informed them they could not admit any customers into their shop and could only accept doorstep dropoff firearms from customers who had sold firearms using their business for FFL transfer and shipping services.

On Thursday I received another email saying after further discussion with HP PD, their business was allowed to remain open and can have 2 customers at a time inside the shop. One customer at the case along the left wall of their shop and one customer at the case along the right wall of their shop.

It's worth nothing I haven't heard of any similar events involving the San Antonio PD or the Bexar County Sheriff's Department m. It's also worth noting liquor stores and golf courses were listed as acceptable destinations under the lockdown order as first issued but firearms and ammunition shops were not spelled out in the initial order. A bit of clouded vision allowed officers of the small PD best known for their "doggy jail" at HP PD HQ where wandering loose pets are kept, watered, fed, and kindly cared for until the owners claim their pets found going on walkabout, so the HQ has staff with eyes and hearts in the right place regardless of personal actions by individual personnel.

You can bet the ranch that if a Democrat, Hillary had been elected, you could not even purchase a box of birdshot....and any semblance of guns or ammo would be on lockdown...Closed ....probably including any archery also, and baseball bats would be the next to control sales without a permit. Even here in Illinois...gun and ammo stores are on the essential list determined by Democrat Governor. JB Pritzger, only thing he has done that benefits all. He is going to tax Coronavirus...that way it will move out of the State like most everything else is doing due to his tax tax tax everything legislation.

(y)
I knew I could rely on you to be the Negative Nancy, Debbie Downer:(. We American shooters take our victories where we find them, and this is one of them.(y)

I agree that this is a good beginning but it has no teeth and let’s not kid ourselves over the level of involvement by Trump. The Trump administration has successfully banned more guns than eight years of Obama though. Sometimes open-eyed realism can be confused for negativity though. I get it.

(y)

The Trump administration has successfully banned more guns than eight years of Obama though.
Has it really? I don't remember any guns being banned, just things like bump-fire stocks.

I agree in that we have to take good news where we find it. What we are experiencing now, could just be the beginning of some very trying times.

Has it really? I don't remember any guns being banned, just things like bump-fire stocks.

Let me rephrase that then; under the Trump administration there have been more actions to curb 2nd Amendment rights than during eight years under a Democrat.

Obama gun bans=0
Trump administration = bumpfire stocks

While I have zero use for and zero desire to own a bumpfire stock, I see no reason to ban them. He ain’t any knight in shining armor.

Are you trying to say that Obama is more gun friendly than Trump? I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Other than someone said something good about Trump and you feel the need to say something bad.

Also please include every measure in Obama's Executive Order related to Gun Control in your statistics.

Not sure bump stocks are covered under the second amendment....not banning the right to keep and bear arms, just the modifications of adapting a semi auto to perform as a full auto, which was illegal to own since the early 193o decade without a class three license. If I recall California, Colorado and other numerous liberal states legislated controls regarding AR 15, magazine capacity, etc under the Obama era without the Obama administrations objections...so, per se, it was with the Obama Administration approval.

Other than the bump stock ban which I also disagreed with, and also have no use for one myself: this admin has not banned any guns and has been outwardly more gun and hunting friendly than any previous admin in some time. Bump stocks became the bugaboo of choice after the Vegas shooting. It became a logical target for legislation or ruling, Trump took advantage of that politically, probably thinking most wouldn't care, and I think he was right, most dont. What he didn't do was go after semi auto rifles, as any demtard president would have done. In reality it was a smart move even if it did piss off lots of shooters. But as I said it mattered not to me and I agree with an above post in that while I still think banning things is a bad idea generally, especially where guns are concerned; bump stocks are not guns and not in my view anyway, a protected item. Thus far at least the courts have held the ban on them to be legal. SCOTUS may yet have to deal with it directly at some point, but has punted so far. Too hot of a potato I guess.

This admin has relaxed the rules regarding exporting of sporting guns for hunting overseas which is a big plus for those of us who travel with guns.

Your hero the Bamster was outwardly hostile to guns and their owners, he despised us, and while he didn't get much of anything he wanted in that regard, it wasn't for lack of desire. The only thing that kept him from going full retard banning of things, was Congress and the courts, and the realization that he wasn't going to get what he wanted done there, so turned his attentions elsewhere where he figured he could muck about in other directions to "fundamentally change" ie., screw America.
Don't think for a moment that he would not have banned all manner of guns if he could have gotten away with it.

Trump one must remember is not a gun guy or a hunter, but his sons are and I think we can probably thank them as well as his advisors for taking some of the actions in our favor that he has.

You can always tell a Democrat, you just cant tell him very much.

Other than the bump stock ban which I also disagreed with, and also have no use for one myself: this admin has not banned any guns and has been outwardly more gun and hunting friendly than any previous admin in some time. Bump stocks became the bugaboo of choice after the Vegas shooting. It became a logical target for legislation or ruling, Trump took advantage of that politically, probably thinking most wouldn't care, and I think he was right, most dont. What he didn't do was go after semi auto rifles, as any demtard president would have done. In reality it was a smart move even if it did piss off lots of shooters. But as I said it mattered not to me and I agree with an above post in that while I still think banning things is a bad idea generally, especially where guns are concerned; bump stocks are not guns and not in my view anyway, a protected item. Thus far at least the courts have held the ban on them to be legal. SCOTUS may yet have to deal with it directly at some point, but has punted so far. Too hot of a potato I guess.

This admin has relaxed the rules regarding exporting of sporting guns for hunting overseas which is a big plus for those of us who travel with guns.

Your hero the Bamster was outwardly hostile to guns and their owners, he despised us, and while he didn't get much of anything he wanted in that regard, it wasn't for lack of desire. The only thing that kept him from going full retard banning of things, was Congress and the courts, and the realization that he wasn't going to get what he wanted done there, so turned his attentions elsewhere where he figured he could muck about in other directions to "fundamentally change" ie., screw America.
Don't think for a moment that he would not have banned all manner of guns if he could have gotten away with it.

Trump one must remember is not a gun guy or a hunter, but his sons are and I think we can probably thank them as well as his advisors for taking some of the actions in our favor that he has.

You can always tell a Democrat, you just cant tell him very much.

Never had a politician as a hero. Can’t imagine a scenario in which that would exist.

If you’re comfortable heralding Trump as this countries savior I doubt I’m going to change your mind.

A wolf in wolves clothing doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies but you do you man.

upload_2020-3-29_15-17-2.jpeg

Never had a politician as a hero. Can’t imagine a scenario in which that would exist.

If you’re comfortable heralding Trump as this countries savior I doubt I’m going to change your mind.

A wolf in wolves clothing doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies but you do you man.

View attachment 338725
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistle:

I'm against the bump STOCK ban too (don't see the word gun in there anywhere - weird huh?).

Let's be really clear though. It did not ban or make illegal a single gun, not one. I will repeat, not a single gun has been banned. An accessory to a gun has been banned. Significant difference.

2A is not about the right to bear accessories.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.