Shipping trophies from South Africa - Do not use Dip-Pack LTD

Absolutely nobody wants to accept any responsibility. Complicated by the fact I was unaware additional insurance required in order to file claim which This may have created a target for crate, definitely broken into no everyone has been paid in full and no responses or resolution offered.

Finally a voice of reason. What happened is absolutely wrong. If those directly involved choose not to try and resolve, then everybody should beware of doing any business with them.
Although not the same, replacing the rug with an apology of acceptance would be accepted.
Offering to reimburse for cost also an option.
Perhaps maybe someone else can come up with a solution, anything.
The PH Big Buck taxidermy and Dip -Pack shipping all remain silent and uninterested in resolution
Are these the type of people clients really want to deal with?

Very well said
Have little hope it will happen since they are all choosing to remain silent
That is why I am reaching out in this way
Make others aware so it does not happen to them
I am a reasonable person and would listen to an apology and resolutions. However, everyone has been paid in full and hiding on the other side of the Atlantic.
Certainly not the way to treat any client

Dip-Pack remains silent and paid in full
Without the insurance(which I was unaware was necessary) I believe the crate was targeted, broken into, zebra rug stolen and sold on black market.
Leaving me without the rug or recourse
Completely unacceptable business practice.

You may have thought about this, or not...may not even apply to you? Did you pay dip-pack by wire transfer or credit card? If it was credit card, call the credit card company. They will help you. Wire transfer you are SOL again.

Actually have not thought of that but thank you
If I did pay by credit card, and the crate in fact was delivered although damned an article stolen, do I have recourse?
Much would prefer cooperation but that seems unlikely at this point

Photos

Here are the photos of the crate -- damage is self evident.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 132
Actually have not thought of that but thank you
If I did pay by credit card, and the crate in fact was delivered although damned an article stolen, do I have recourse?
Much would prefer cooperation but that seems unlikely at this point

Way I see it is you paid for a service. You did not get what you paid for. That's fraud. I say call them. Worst thing is they will say no!

Way I see it is you paid for a service. You did not get what you paid for. That's fraud. I say call them. Worst thing is they will say no!

Mastercard came good for a crossbow I bought online a few years back from a dealer. PAid the money, and never got the bow. One thing they'll ask for is evidence...ie emails, bill of sale, etc. to back up your claim. Don;t wait though, there's timelines associated with filing a complaint!

Final Observation Re: This Matter;

It would seem that we may have 1/2 a deal here. The customer as indicated a willingness to settle in compromise. This is a good thing.

Now, Open remarks to Dip-Pack, Ltd

Running a business is tough. Running a business with an unhappy former customer is even tougher. Do not be obstinant. It will prove to be imprudent and unprofitable.

Give the customer his satisfaction. Apologize, send him a nice zebra rug and call it a day. Your firm has already sustained more damage in this venue (and who knows what others) than the resolution will cost.

Make nice promptly and I believe that all of this will go away. If you try to tough this one out it will only get worse because I don't think he is going away.

Is is a dollars and sense approach. Simple as that. It doesn't matter whether you think you are right or wrong. Public opinion (based upon posts) turned on you about a page and 1/2 ago. You need to stop the bleeding soon or the damage inflicted here may be irrepairable.

I think it may be time to park the ego and go zebra rug shopping

I'm just sayin' (what everyone here is thinking)

The damage to the crate was by a fork-lift...

Makes sense to me. Apologize make right and move on.
You are correct, I will not go away and it will only get worse.
Pictures now posted. Intentional damage obvious. The loss of one client is the more than his cost of a rug delivered.
The alternative in continuing to tell story on this and other blogs. When a wrong has been done, needs to be corrected. Otherwise the negative exposure is the only source of retribution which will defiinately cost business.
Having said all this, Andreas of Dip -pack remains silent and I will get louder.

Not according to those who investigated.
Pry bar marks to top and sides for sure.
Playing devil's advocate, even if fork lift, where is the rug?
There were two much smaller back skins that did not " fall out"
If you don't want this to happen to you, do not use Dip-pack!

Do not disagree 1/4 inch plywood was used by Big Buck taxidermy
I had it repaired with 3/4 for final ground shipping to my house.
I had no control over materials used or lack of care taken by shipper.
End result, they got paid in full and my rug was stolen.
Not the way to conduct business or get referrals.

Even using that premise, the shippers or their agents would have been operating the forklift. This is how the crate arrived on the dock when Fauna And Flora was contacted and took pictures.
Everything points to DipPack which is rob ably why Andreas remains in hiding and silent.
Do not use this company or it can happen to you!

@ this point I wont use them, the little lady and I will be in SA for 3 weeks this year and taking many animals to finish up a major addition in our trophy room. Our PH has used dip and pack in the past and I will make sure we don't

Jamindux

Now i have no bone in the fight...you are offering little facts and shooting from the hip hoping something will stick. There is absolutely no reason for anyone involved to join in this forum posting.

It appears that you are placing blame on everyone but your self...members have offered to assist you and provide some guidance to help you. However it seems you think that if you scream loud enough you are the big man. And everyone should dance to your tune, let me tell you it does not work that way. Things move a little slower in Africa and your screaming will not speed things up.

Are you with out a doubt positive that your PH and Dip & pack are the villains and holding your zebra hide as ransom. (a side note all PH's have a go to taxidermist and dip and pack that they recommend there clients to use) (You did not have any that you wanted to use, so you went with your PH's recommendation) Your pre-planning for your safari should have covered these issues. I have been on a few safaris and i have had this issue covered on all my safari prior to leaving. Sounds like you missed a step in your planning.

This sounds like you did not ask questions on how your trophies shipping would be packed until the issues show up and arrived. (again you did not purchase trophy insurance. so that lead me to believe that if your trophies did not show up you could survive with out them) Were you not in contact by phone or e mail with the taxidermist and dip and pack companies asking questions while the work was on going and paying your bill. I know i have been on every safari i have taken. I make sure i have phone numbers and e-mail addresses prior to leaving.

Thicker plywood is and was available at an additional cost for customers, that is an added expense and that has to be requested. Weight adds to your cost when shipping across the big pond how ever you slice it.

You were cutting corners when you shipped your trophies by ship to reduce your over all expense. There are + & - when doing this. Again why did you not ship by Air?

Do not disagree 1/4 inch plywood was used by Big Buck taxidermy
I had it repaired with 3/4 for final ground shipping to my house.
I had no control over materials used or lack of care taken by shipper.
End result, they got paid in full and my rug was stolen.
Not the way to conduct business or get referrals.

again you are guessing when the damage occured. Was it at the Dip and pack? At the shipper? or on the Cargo ship being tucked away? being unloaded from the ship? Can you tell us where the damage occurred? What step of the way did your crate become damaged or your zebra hide disappear?

To stand on your soap box and shout is not the way to go to settle your issues.
You are able to purchase a zebra rug on the internet for less that the cost of an airline ticket to South Africa, i suggest you go that route and step off your soap box.

Even using that premise, the shippers or their agents would have been operating the forklift. This is how the crate arrived on the dock when Fauna And Flora was contacted and took pictures.
Everything points to DipPack which is rob ably why Andreas remains in hiding and silent.
Do not use this company or it can happen to you!

I have carefully read and responded to postings and would like nothing more than for heir suggestions to come to fruition. I planned my trip for over a year and researched things extensively, taxidermy, shipping etc.even got estimates and timeframe. I wanted to use Highveld taxidermy but my PH talked me out of it. His business relationship was with Big Buck and strongly steered me in that direction. During the process I had pages of emails which I still have.
I was never given an option of the materials used to fabricate the crate. According to the packing slip the zebra rug was placed into the crate, but no way for me to actually prove. Big Buck chose shipping company explaining that is who does all their shipping. The crate arrived damaged and photos taken. After I was unable to obtain help or resolution contacted a maritime attorney to try and do the same.
The rug was stolen and that is something completely out of my control.everyone is entitled to an opinion, I completely disagree with yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg