Shipping from US (Texas) TO South Africa?

Shade Asbhire

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
It seems most all Taxidermist have experience with shipping FROM Africa to the States.

I am how ever looking for a Taxidermist preferably located in Texas (South if possible) to ship some capes and antlers from Texas TO SA. I had a friend hunt with me recently from SA that harvested 2 Axis, 2 whitetail, Blackbuck, 2 javelinas, and will be having a Raccoon hide shipped as well. I am aware some of these require CITES permits to ship.

Can anyone suggest a company or contact that has experience with obtaining the permits required and shipping?

You might try Rhodes Bros Taxidermy in Kerrville (Ingram, TX), he is used to shipping worldwide.

It seems most all Taxidermist have experience with shipping FROM Africa to the States.

I am how ever looking for a Taxidermist preferably located in Texas (South if possible) to ship some capes and antlers from Texas TO SA. I had a friend hunt with me recently from SA that harvested 2 Axis, 2 whitetail, Blackbuck, 2 javelinas, and will be having a Raccoon hide shipped as well. I am aware some of these require CITES permits to ship.

Can anyone suggest a company or contact that has experience with obtaining the permits required and shipping?
take them in your luggage and go for a visit.
Philip

Try same companies that import- I'm sure they export also or stands to reason they might. Coppersmith in Dallas and Well Worldwide in Houston.

When my RSA PH was in the states, I gave him a wild turkey beard and a pair of legs with nice long spurs. He put both in checked bags. The legs disappeared somewhere along the line but the beard made it. It's hanging in the camp dining room and makes for a good guessing game for the locals and other foreign land hunters. #1 answer is a tail of some sort.
Having said that, I would not try and smuggle any animal parts in to SA, or any other country for that matter. YMMV. :whistle:

Thanks for all the reply's. Its not so much the shipping that i am having issues with. its obtaining the CITES permits for the shipping. I have contacted a few shipping companies and i'm waiting for responses.

Well worldwide Leiden my permits and shipping to Canada for Scimitar Horned Oryx, Blackbuck and Addax

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you