Shipping from the East Cape

redassnavajo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Post on another thread got me to thinking I used Rex Freight for shipping last time , which is who was recommended but wanted to know if anyone out there used someone else and what they thought of their service as I may try to shop around a bit this time. Now don't get me wrong I had good service and stuff was shipped during the "Cecil" debackle so I am sure price was higher at the time for everyone shipping trophies into the US.
Thanks in advance. As most probably know you can not get accurate quote until you have exact dimensions of your crates.

I used rex on my last two shipments and they beat everyones price and gave me great service. I still always do get a few other quotes to keep them honest.

I was in South Africa this week and had dinner with Mike and Mary, they are great people operating a family owned business. I'm a first time shipper and they put my mind at ease.

Where are they located and do they have a website? I am very happy with who I used last time but wanted to compare.

Why is everyone being so top secret on who they used if different than Rex?

Contact safari imports
Safari cargo systems

Not a secret just do not remember.

Looked it up Karl Human Taxidermy
email karlhuman@telkomsa.net

We used him for Dip-n-pack, shipping from Port Elizabeth, South Africa. We had a problem but it was the back transposing bank numbers on my shipping payment. He was more than great helping to get it correct and our stuff to us in a timely manner.
When I go back I have planned to use him again and for him to do some flat skin tanning to save some shipping weigh. His work has been very good for others. Last time I did it at home and it was excellent also.

I was just looking to compare prices and services.

Rex frt did my shipping but wasn't all that happy with them I got charged for air frt all the way by them to Louisville prt of entry and when my stuff hit the usa at Atlanta it was put on a truck and it got messed up and I had to locate it straighten it out etc myself rex was of NO HELP and they pissed me off as I repeatedly asked for the exact details of the shipment before I pd them and all I got was its delta air frt pay us. they claimed ignorance was delta that put it on truck I claim ripped off as the shipping documents when I got them finally said they had booked that trucking bit all the way!! BS to chg me for air all the way and then put it on a trucking company that misplaced.

It's my understanding that Rex is responsible for the shipment to the port of entry, Chicago or Dallas etc. From there another broker takes over and handles it from the port of entry to your door. A popular broker they use in the US is Coppersmiths.

I have used Logwin Logistics as the shipper and D&L CHB out of Chicago as the import agent. Don't know that I got any deals but the job got done!

I used Hunters and Collectors Taxidermist in PE to do the dip and pack on 9 PG. They use Rex Freight who just contacted me about air shipping to Seattle. Cost is $1100 and billing will be through Coppersmith, who is handling my clearing and shipping to the tannery and taxidermist in Montana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg