Shipping from Namibia - Hi to ALL hunters!!

peterdv

AH member
Reaction score
Dear All, Pronto Global Air & Ocean Freight specializes in the worldwide shipping of hunting trophies from Namibia.

We have decided to join this forum in order to assist hunters with shipping questions or concerns!

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns related to getting your trophies home!

Yours truly,

Welcome Peter.

So, what would it be the cost and the time lines to send:

1. Shoulder Mounts of Kudu, Gemsbok and Eland to Vancouver, Canada?
or
2. Dip and pack of Kudu, Gemsbok and Eland to Vancouver, Canada?.

What are the various methods available for shipping (ocean or air)?
What permits are required from the PH and the hunter, government in order to ensure shipping from Namibia?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks!
Please advise quantities, are you referring to one of each trophy? Shipping to Canada, I would recommend air freight as ocean freight will take too long. We require all original hunting permits from the outfitter in order to arrange the necessary export permits! Please confirm quantities and I will then work out an estimate for you!

I knew I would forget something to be useful. Thanks for clarifying.
One of each! (If I happen to be fortunate)
Shipping to "Canada" won't work to well. The city of either Vancouver or Calgary will work.

Feel free to post it to give others an idea of the general cost though.

You can PM a quote if you like.

No problem!
Shipping via air, I would estimate the cost to be:

1. Mounted Trophies (Shoulder Mounts): All charges up to cif Vancouver or Calgary estimated at USD 1,700.-, including transport insurance cover for USD 10,000.-
2. Dip & Pack (Skull, Horns and cape for each trophy): All charges up to cif Vancouver or Calgary estimated at USD 1,100.-, including transport insurance cover for USD 10,000.-

The above airfreight charge includes airfreight charges, airline charges, export customs clearance, documentation, handling, veterinary control and transport insurance cover for USD 10,000.-
The above airfreight charge excludes duties and taxes, destination charges and delivery charges, as well as any packing of trophies or collection charges.

I hope that the above will provide you with an idea / guideline of what the charges could possibly be. Please note that the above is merely an estimate. The charges could of course be more, or less, all depending on the final weight and dimensions of the crate.

Please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Peter de Villiers

Welcome to AH Peter!

Welcome to the forum, Peter.

and we continue to add resources for everyone to use when they are needed.

welcome to the forum..

Hello Peter,

Just wanted to let the members know that in my dealings with you all went well and you were quick to respond to queries and quite helpful getting our trophies back from Namibia.

Thanks again, Scott

Hi Scott! Your post is very highly appreciated!!!
Thanks a million! It has always been a pleasure dealing with you!!
All the best, Peter

dont ship thru calgary as we were charged duty on tropht fees. and the female customs agent also found a few bugs and tried to ship everything back to rsa. our broker stepped in and they let us pay for a fumigator for our crates at a price of 3200.00 . our groups duty charges were 3800.00. yes, this is fact. we are appealing the duty charges. it seems the female agent has a chip on her shoulder. this was an unwecomed charge after an already expensive hunt.

That would not be very welcome at all.
I'll make sure that I get those regulations read before any arrival here.
I wish you well with the fight.

Were the trophies shipped from a taxidermy? I assume these were dip & pack trophies? If so, if all rules and regulations are adhered to then something like this should never happen! I have sent hundreds of shipments to Canada with no problem! I would have recommended getting a treatment certificate from whoever did the dip & pack detailing the dip & pack treatment process! Sounds like it might be a bit late for that though! Let me know if I can be of any help!! Who is your agent / broker on Canada?

our shipping was arranged from a member of our party who is a taxidermist. he receives animals from all over the world and has never seen this before. he said that we ran into a new female customs agent with a chip on her shoulder. and she was most certainly an anti hunter.

Sounds like she has a big chip on her shoulder... Anti hunter makes sense!! I hope you get it sorted out!!! The charges sound very high though for fumigation!! Let me know if I can be of any help!

we had to rent a secure area and then bring in the fumigaters. we had a large group and several containers for a total of around 160 animals. a total of 28 hunters.

She thought she was stopping a poaching ring! :)

My shipments should blow in way under the radar with my numbers. Certainly a little concerned if we get the group to ship together.
Thanks for the heads up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg