Shipping from Africa Shut Down?

Wow $2600 is more than our airfare one way in business was. That is almost what our trophy taxidermy cost. Hopefully our documents will take a while and things will get back to normal by the time they ship.
That is about the cost of the eland shoulder if done up here. And the nyala would be well over that, it's a custom half body, well partial. So the box is big. Anyway, I live in Alaska and I was expecting 2K, so this isn't an utter shock under the circumstances
FB_IMG_1583874664365.jpeg

Recently received my tanned zebra felted skins from Windhoek, Namibia directly to my front door by Fed Ex. The heavy cardboard box was way oversized for the amount of the contents and as such could have added some euro mounts. I assume Fed Ex did the clearance thru Chicago, nothing noted as to added expense for clearance. I have used Coppersmith in the past on mounts but not this time, Fed Ex door to door in about a 10 day from leaving Windhoek to my door.
Wouldn’t mind more detail on this. How does all the clearing work?

I received notice my Courtney boots from Zim FINALLY arrived in the US this week, cleared customs and are on the way to my doorstep. Hopefully shipments will start flowing again.

Wow $2600 is more than our airfare one way in business was. That is almost what our trophy taxidermy cost. Hopefully our documents will take a while and things will get back to normal by the time they ship.
Our documents are on the way to the logistics company. Should have our quote in a few days. I talked to our logistics company in the US and things coming in are moving quickly. We will be going to Memphis to pick them up. So we are on standby for a day trip.

I heard yesterday from our taxidermist that RSA was going back to level 3 which if I’m not mistaken is lockdown...

We know our crate is safe at their place and not stuck somewhere in never never land. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the folks that are struggling much worse than the states are! At least I’m still working.

My trophies are finally ready to ship. I got the bill for freight from Johannesburg to Memphis. $1996.00 for freight only and the next flight is on July 26th on Turkish Air. Only an occasional flight heading out of JNB.

My trophies are finally ready to ship. I got the bill for freight from Johannesburg to Memphis. $1996.00 for freight only and the next flight is on July 26th on Turkish Air. Only an occasional flight heading out of JNB.

I have trophies scheduled to go on the same flight. Hoping it all goes as planned!

I am waiting on any news about my buffalo, sable and giraffe and my son's kudu, oryx, impala and zebra. they were just released from the taxidermist to the shipping company when Covid19 19 hit. Other animals that were taken in November of 2019 I suspect are with the taxidermist. Frustrating situation for sure. I doubt shipping to Canada makes it any easier. Stay safe everyone.

We have a gold wildebeest, impala, gemsbok, Sable, and a zebra hide. Hunted in Sept 18 with Limcroma and then Pawprints. Had a problem with Pawprints paperwork, but our PH still had all the info after Pieter died. Johan with Trophy Pro was our taxidermist. We had great work from them on our 2012 trip.

I was cururious, because I have a shipment to come to Alberta, but haven't heard anything since COVID-19

We have a gold wildebeest, impala, gemsbok, Sable, and a zebra hide. Hunted in Sept 18 with Limcroma and then Pawprints. Had a problem with Pawprints paperwork, but our PH still had all the info after Pieter died. Johan with Trophy Pro was our taxidermist. We had great work from them on our 2012 trip.
The charge finally hit my credit card and it was $2081.00. I guess we have a place on the plane now.

Just got an update from my shipper in South Africa. Starting Monday my shipment will be flying from JBurg through Istanbul and San Fran before arriving in Seattle where it gets on a boat to Anchorage.

I'm slightly envious, I've never been to Turkey.

Just got an update from my shipper in South Africa. Starting Monday my shipment will be flying from JBurg through Istanbul and San Fran before arriving in Seattle where it gets on a boat to Anchorage.

I'm slightly envious, I've never been to Turkey.
We flew thru Turkey to South Africa in 2014 and took an 8 hour layover. We thought that we would take a taxi to the marketplace, but found out that we needed a Visa to go and come back, so we people watched for 8 hours and ate probably a pound of Turkish Delight and watched luggage fall off of the carts going to the airplanes. On the way back Turkey lost my luggage and finally got it back about a week later, even had some clothing in it my size, but not mine.
Our trophies fly to Turkey on the 30th and get to Memphis thru Chicago around the 2nd.

I paid back in Mar. for my shipping and then everything went on hold, just got a notice that the freight charges went up, cost another $ 154 which didn't seem bad given the circumstances and what can you do anyway. My shipment is now on a waiting list for freight room on a flight. Can't wait to see my buffalo, ardwolfe and serval!

I paid mine back in March and was suppose to make it on the last flight out of Zambia but it didnt make it. I just paid another 170 and it should go out this week or next. But it does seem like stuff is starting to move.

We paid for our shipping out of South Africa back in March, but our trophies didn't get on a plane before the shutdown hit. The shipper asked us for more money once freight started moving again, but our broker got them to send it for the original amount. Our trophies landed in the U.S. a few days ago and just left San Francisco on a truck bound for the taxidermist.

Guess since people have to social distance, they have to make it up on cargo. In 2014, we paid up front for taxidermy and shipping. Was supposed to put us on top of the list. Didn’t get them back for nearly 3 years. We had already booked our 2018 trip before we got back our trophies. It was the same outfitter that held up our trophies this time too. Fortunately we got ahold of the PH we had and he fixed everything. He had started his own outfitting business, Executive Hunt Africa. Wish we still had some trophies to shoot in Africa, we would go with him in a heartbeat.

Fortunately we got ahold of the PH we had and he fixed everything. He had started his own outfitting business, Executive Hunt Africa. Wish we still had some trophies to shoot in Africa, we would go with him in a heartbeat.
Johan Van Wyk, did he used to work for Pieter at Paw Print?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey75K951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross