Shipping Estimate (SBS Logistics)

UPDATE:

I received my requested additional information the other day and wanted to post the update. I asked the following questions and received the noted answers (in red):

Your quote is for shipment via air, who is the air carrier? Delta, British Airways, or American? We have quoted on Delta Airlines that fly directly to Atlanta. (Original quote with $2400.00 USD)

MORE INFO: We can quote on British Airways, but they are very expensive. Will forward shortly.

- Note that should you wish to send by airfreight with British Airways, the freight related charges will be USD $4 147.49.

What is the estimated transit time via air? Takes approx.. 2 days to get to final destination. But due to the Christmas Season upon us, all airlines are full and will only fly on the first available flight. But we will keep track and keep you updated on the status of your shipment

Could you provide an estimate and transit time for ocean shipment to both Atlanta and Charleston, South Carolina. If we send the crate by sea freight, it will have to go by groupage container to New York. Crate will have to be cleared in New York and then trucked down to Atlanta. We will work on the sea freight quote and will forward to you shortly.

MORE INFO: To send by sea freight to NEW YORK port will cost: USD 1910.86, BUT this excludes the unpack, terminal handling, clearance and delivery to Atlanta.

NOTE: According to the web site, "Our monthly Groupage Service to the U.S.A., with Bills of Lading up to the nearest Fish & Wildlife Port, you now no longer have to have your consignments cleared through New York, but can have it handled by our preferred agents with offices throughout the country."

We have discussed clearing the shipment in Atlanta, but if you could provide us a recommendation for an importer, we would appreciate it. - I removed the recommendation because we are looking at a few others to include the company that they recommend.

Based on previous shipments, $2400 seems a bit high, we were estimating the shipment would be in the $1800 to $1950 range. Is the high cost based on the Air Carrier that you are using? The size of your crate is: length 173 x width 113 x height 139 cm. Weight: 164 kg and volumetric weight: 453 kg. The airline will charge on the higher weight, therefore it has worked out expensive.

We have decided to go ahead and use Delta through Atlanta.

Now for the next set of expenses – Clearing Customs, USF&G in Atlanta. I am looking at a few different companies to figure out the costs. It is looking at between $500 to $700 USD. This should cover the following fees:

Company Charge
Fish & Game Service Fee
Warehouse Handling Fee
Airport Transfer
Cargo Service Fee (paid to the airlines)

More to follow......

Grady, I went with SBS Logistics for my last shipment. I dealt with Colleen and when things went wrong with the plane schedules they were very proactive in updating me on the status of the shipment. I will be using them again this year. Good luck on the shipment.

MG Hunting Arg office, where I work just allready paid (yesterday) , for my South africans trophies, ready to be ship........10 skulls and 10 capes, all plains game, plus back zebra skin.......US 2300 and I have to paid another us 600 here in Argentina.....

Seems to much money in my opinion....almost the 30 % of hunt value.....???

Is that right.....:A Bang Head:...:A Bang Head:...:A Bang Head:....??

(n)Rocket, that is why pictures are worth thousands of $$$$$.
I'm currently going through the fleecing process too. Everything costs twice as much as it should:(. Everyone gets you by the balls on the way out

You pay the outfitter, then dip and ship, then shipping company, then import company at airport or seaport, then taxidermy.
No complaints about Tsala Safari. But yes there are some highly questionable fees in the between parties not the outfitter and taxidermist. About $750+

…………... there are some highly questionable fees in the between parties not the outfitter and taxidermist. About $750+

There are enough little line items on the AWB and invoices to make me scream. :E Horrified:

:LOL:No doubt Brickburn , my blood pressure goes through the roof.:mad:

Thank you boys.........as I said is allready paid, but with that money plus Argentine customs you can buy a couple tickes of US 1500 each to go back to Africa......it is ok, is part of this game........:cry:........(y)

I will try to keep this cost hide from my wife.........:ROFLMAO:

I am going through the process now and so far the dip and pack and shipping has been ok. One thing I thought was odd was that dip and pack on my sable was the same price as dip and pack on my duiker, as a taxidermist I know that cleaning a sable skull and horn cores are more work than a duiker, asked them why no difference twice but they never responded to that question. Hope to see my stuff in about a week.

Hmmm Jeff, I agree:cool:

Things that don't make sense:

Shipping insurance
Volumetric rates: Consolidated vs Courier.
Shipping delays. How do shipments get bumped?
The blame game. "We're waiting on permits."
Ignoring hard questions put to them. Even repeatedly put to them.
"Lost" money transfers.
The amazing responsiveness before the money is sent.

You want the Truth, you can't handle the Truth....LOL!

How dare you question the great and powerful Oz!

Two movie quotes that sum up my frustration!

That is pretty much how I feel when I deal with the ridiculous pricing.

Airline shipping delays ... they overbook the aircraft in case not all the cargo arrives at the departure point, so that they will have a full load and when your crate arrives oh well maybe tomorrow. Three days of bumping, three days of actually I need tomorrow off work not today in my case. Once the shipment is in the airlines hands you are at their mercy. Back to SBS logistics, they applied pressure thru phone calls and EMails to the airline and kept me informed throughout, short of owning an airline that is about all you can ask. Speaking of airlines, fuel prices dropping in Canada, but overseas tickets staying at the same price ... I seem to remember that was the reason they raised ticket prices in the first place.

Airline shipping delays …………….. Once the shipment is in the airlines hands you are at their mercy.

Being a hostage

Back to SBS logistics, they applied pressure thru phone calls and EMails to the airline and kept me informed throughout, short of owning an airline that is about all you can ask. .

Sorry about that. It's one of those subjects.

Speaking of airlines, fuel prices dropping in Canada, but overseas tickets staying at the same price ... I seem to remember that was the reason they raised ticket prices in the first place.

Another one of those frustrations.

I will try to keep this cost hide from my wife.........:ROFLMAO:

My wife has been very clear on this. She doesn't want to know !!
:E Dancing:

My wife has been very clear on this. She doesn't want to know !!
:E Dancing:

Let me tell you Royal.....She is rigth at this point.......:censored:

Let me tell you Royal.....She is rigth at this point.......:censored:

You should point this out in your dove hunts. Make sure all of the African hunters realize they won't have a huge taxidermy and shipping bill! ;)

You should point this out in your dove hunts. Make sure all of the African hunters realize they won't have a huge taxidermy and shipping bill! ;)

There is no better way to putting this clear.........dip & pack for free hahaha........;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg