Shipping Companies you used; Would use again or Wouldn't

I used Zingela last year but the prices were considerably higher coming to Canada.

I have used Zingela Forwarders from SA twice and very happy with them.
2015 crate with 10 animals 122 cm L x 70 cm W x 39 cm H weight 54 KG; all in insurance etc $632 from Joberg to Hou
I'm having issues finding my 2018 invoice but it was similar.

Wow! Was that just dip and packed or actual mounts you had shipped for those prices? That sounds very affordable even for dip and pack. I’ll look into getting a quote from them as well. Knowing they will match anyone’s quote I’m just trying to find the cheapest available out there. Thank you for the info!

Wow! Was that just dip and packed or actual mounts you had shipped for those prices? That sounds very affordable even for dip and pack. I’ll look into getting a quote from them as well. Knowing they will match anyone’s quote I’m just trying to find the cheapest available out there. Thank you for the info!

That was shipping only for dip and pack

Ok I found my 2018 shipment Zingela invoice

2 crates #1) 122 x 70 x 52 cm 72 kg actual 74 kg vol #2) 44 x 35 x 30 cm 10 kg actual 8 kg volume TOTAL shipping for both with insurance from Joberg to Houston $742

I just received a guesstimation quote from oxi for an upcoming 1st RSA hunt.
Cape Buffalo - shoulder
Eland - shoulder
Kudu - shoulder
Nyala - shoulder
1 shield
925 kg for the bargain price of $9400 to Dallas. That is in addition to the $6000 for taxidermy.

I think I will take alot of pics, leave the animals over there and make 2-3 more hunts from money saved

I just received my stuff from a SA hunt in Oct 2019, so I figured I'd update this thread. It was ready about 6 months ago, but I asked the taxidermist to hold it until shipping prices were more reasonable.

Shipping Company: African Legacy Logistics
Origin: Limpopo
Destination: Dallas, TX
Trophy List:
1 Buffalo Euro Mount
2 Giraffe Skull Mounts
6 Giraffe Leg Bones
1 Buffalo Hide - Leather Tanned
4 Giraffe Gun Bags
3 Giraffe Overnight/Tote Bags
1 Giraffe Flat Skin
Volumetric Weight: 111 KG - 151L x 80W x 54T (cms)
Month/Year of Shipment: May 2021
Shipping Cost(Qatar Airways): $1330.00
Cleared By: Coppersmith-Dallas: $932.35(Freaking robbery if you ask me!)

Cleared By: Coppersmith-Dallas: $932.35(Freaking robbery if you ask me!)

We used Coppersmith in Dallas on our first safari... Honestly we found them a bit difficult to deal with.. but I wrote that off to it being our first time dealing with a broker and assumed that must just be how it is.. We also paid just a little bit less than what you paid.. and that was several years ago at this point..

Since then we have used @TROPHY SHIPPERS twice and will be using them a third time after we complete our hunt this July... We couldnt be happier... they are MUCH less expensive.. Not difficult at all to deal with.. and Tom has been absolutely on top of things every time we have hit a snag in the road with the last couple of shipments we've had sent over from Africa (we had some communications challenges on the Africa side of the equation with our 2020 shipment, and the shipment in 2019 we had the people at the Delta cargo warehouse at DFW acting like circus clowns getting out of a VW beetle.. @TROPHY SHIPPERS managed both situations perfectly without me really needing to get involved at all)...

We used Coppersmith in Dallas on our first safari... Honestly we found them a bit difficult to deal with.. but I wrote that off to it being our first time dealing with a broker and assumed that must just be how it is.. We also paid just a little bit less than what you paid.. and that was several years ago at this point..

Since then we have used @TROPHY SHIPPERS twice and will be using them a third time after we complete our hunt this July... We couldnt be happier... they are MUCH less expensive.. Not difficult at all to deal with.. and Tom has been absolutely on top of things every time we have hit a snag in the road with the last couple of shipments we've had sent over from Africa (we had some communications challenges on the Africa side of the equation with our 2020 shipment, and the shipment in 2019 we had the people at the Delta cargo warehouse at DFW acting like circus clowns getting out of a VW beetle.. @TROPHY SHIPPERS managed both situations perfectly without me really needing to get involved at all)...
I use Coppersmith purely for convenience(and maybe a little laziness). They've always been easy to deal with and their warehouse is about 20 minutes from my office, so picking up is easy/quick. Usually, it costs around $550 to clear my trophies, so I'm not sure where the extra $400 came from? I need to look over the paperwork I got when I picked up to figure that out.

I've talked to Tom several times at DSC and the AH dinner and should really consider him on my stuff from this years hunt. Do you have them ship to your house or do you pick up somewhere in Dallas?

I've talked to Tom several times at DSC and the AH dinner and should really consider him on my stuff from this years hunt. Do you have them ship to your house or do you pick up somewhere in Dallas?
The process is similar to Coppersmith... the only difference is Coppersmith will pick up your crate at whichever cargo carriers warehouse it comes into at DFW and then hold it at their warehouse near the airport... and then you can either pick it up at Coppersmith, or they will arrange for a box truck to deliver it to your door..

With @TROPHY SHIPPERS the crate comes into the cargo carriers warehouse (our 2019 shipment came into Delta's warehouse.. our 2020 shipment came into the warehouse that is used by Turkish Air and a couple of other cargo lines.. and you go there to pick up your crate, or Tom will arrange a box truck to deliver it to your door...

DFW isnt that far for me either.. so I have always just arranged to pick it up myself and avoid the box truck delivery fee (did this with both Coppersmith and with Trophy Shippers)..

If your PH or outfitter uses Karl Human in or near East London for D/P/S or anything whatsoever.....don't use them
Can you give me some more info about this? My PH is recommending Kruger Human...same outfit?

I’ve got 32 animals about to be clear permits already crates 2 crates (I went a little nuts this trip) and I’m using Splitting Image Taxidermy and their go to has been Badger Cargo for a long time and they are out of that same area. My outfitter was Huntershill. They aren’t cheap I’ll tell you that but they aren’t the most either of the 4 they quoted but they are their go to. I know Rex used to be inexpensive but they are small so likely no longer around but had great customer service I never ended up using them though. Badger cargo had been the name I know best personally but many local hunters there say Eagle Exports is supposed to great so might check them out. I’ve got a quote supposed to come in the am from them before I send my wire out to pay Badger cargo just to make sure I’m not getting screwed on price completely. Here my info on my crate Dems and quotes
Image1662513807.567696.jpg
Image1662513818.439155.jpg
CD4C2AF1-6939-45C8-A1AA-F21BA2B10B18.jpg

I don't think Kruger Human is with same company. We received our mounts from Kruger and I couldn't have been happier with taxidermy, euro mount, and crating.
All was top notch, very meticulously done.
I would definitely use his services again.

I don't think Kruger Human is with same company. We received our mounts from Kruger and I couldn't have been happier with taxidermy, euro mount, and crating.
All was top notch, very meticulously done.
I would definitely use his services again.
Thanks for the information!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross