Shipping charges

• Thread starter Deleted member 40394
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40394

anyone know if shipping charges for animals are more if you hunt around the cape vs close to J-burg? Would trophies have to be taken to J-burg to ship? I would think an additional cost would be involved but idk...

Last edited by a moderator:
It may run a little more but not that much. Everything ships out of Jo-berg so the extra cost would be getting up there for flight back here. My stuff ships from the east cape no matter were I hunt in SA as my taxidermist is in the cape. I have shipped my stuff cheaper then some have direct from jo-berg and it all depends on who you use and who is making what off you on the shipping.

It's generally trucked to JNB and air-freighted from there. I supposed it could go from CPT, but their are fewer international flight from there.

If so not too much. I just had a client ship the following. 1 kudu s mount 1Gemsbok s mount 1 impala smount 1 blesbok smount and 1 warthog skull . Shipping was $1230 from Johannesburg to Portland OR

If so not too much. I just had a client ship the following. 1 kudu s mount 1Gemsbok s mount 1 impala smount 1 blesbok smount and 1 warthog skull . Shipping was $1230 from Johannesburg to Portland OR

Do you happen to know the volumetric weight?

That was cheap!

Sorry was $1267 !!! Attached is whole bill ! $198 off it was the pick up from taxidemist to Johannesburg facilty.

received_10213218662254411.jpeg

Thanks. That volumetric weight will actually allow people to compare the price.

Good info. I have just had a shipment of un-mounted stuff from Joberg to Atl. It was 132 Kg and was $1013.

Zebra fullskin
Kudu horns cape and backskin
Gemsbok horns halfskin and backskin
Giraffe skull cape and backskin
Blue wildebeest horns cape and backskin
Black wildebeest horns cape and backskin
Red heartbeest horns cape and backskin
Impala horns cape and backskin
Springbok horns fullskin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.