Shilen CM 9.3 Barrel

craigp

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Us, Canada, South Afrcia
I am selling my Shilen CM 9.3 barrel. It's a #4 contour with 1-12" twist in the white, and just a hair over 28" as it sits. I bought it to build another 9.3x62, but my CZ-550 does all I need it to. $200.00 shipped to the lower 48. Alaska/Hawaii might need a small bump for shipping. Any questions, please ask.
MjRcqF0.jpg

Attachments

• MjRcqF0.jpg
    MjRcqF0.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 420
I will take it.

Payment details? Pay Pal is easiest for me.

PM me with payment details please.

Thanks, John

Umm I am thinking of a Cape Rifle, 28 inch barrel, on a M98. I have a 9.3 built on a 98 now with 24 inch barrel.

PayPal is fine. I'll pm you the details.

I was thinking this would be a good buy for someone looking to build a project rifle.

John P, how much work is required to convert the K 98 Action to handle the 9.3 x 62? Do you already have a stock hanging on the wall or are you going to have to make one?

Not much work for the large ring M98 with the standard length magazine. Below action is a VZ24. A 9.3 round in the magazine. The action has not been touched, the bolt will pick up the round and send it through the receiver ring nearly centered without a barrel installed. I will polish the feed ramp and open the front of the rails just a little as the 9.3x62 round is "fatter" and longer than the 8x57.

I will be making a stock using one of my patterns.

uPyazTj.jpg

Attachments

• uPyazTj.jpg
    uPyazTj.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:
When you get started on this project how about posting "progress" photos much like what Shawn.54 did? I really like the idea of having a 9.3 x 62 as a mid-bore caliber. If I didn't already own two 35 Whelens I'd be in the market for one. For the most part these calibers have all the knock-down power you need without beating your shoulder to death.

Will do. I am working on a Ruger action now that I am barreling and stocking for 338 Win Mag. In progress photos on the "Other Forum" I will PM you with the link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.