Sheridan Blue Streak Rides Again!

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
While I was doing some cleaning up around the house today, I remembered my old Sheridan 20 Cal pellet gun sitting in the corner. This one has been with me since I was a 12 year old boy. I saved and scrimped to pay for it with my grass cutting money and from selling possums to an old black man who paid $3 each for the meat. I was becoming rich! Haha!
I had worn out my old Benjamin 22 cal pellet gun, and decided to "upgrade" a bit, so I splurged and bought the Sheridan. Boy was I happy when this thing arrived! There's no telling how many squirrels and blackbirds this thing has to it's credit. So I though it was time to wipe the dust off and take her hunting again today.
The shot was a rather longish 25 yards through some thick pines, and somehow I was able to thread a pellet through a small opening and hit this big ole grey squirrel right in the neck! I felt like I was 12 again! Like they say....I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

20210224_171950.jpg
20210224_172013.jpg

Need to come out here and help me in my on going war against the red squirrel plague!

Only bring a gun - .22 if you like, but I long ago switched to an old full choke 16 bore Model 12. Just much more efficient.

Need to come out here and help me in my on going war against the red squirrel plague!

Only bring a gun - .22 if you like, but I long ago switched to an old full choke 16 bore Model 12. Just much more efficient.
Yes. Shotguns are definitely the most efficient choice. Pellet guns make it into a challenge! Lol! I normally use a CZ 455 22LR, but looking through the old iron sights of that Sheridan kind of brings back memories. One thing is for sure though, my eyes aren't what they used to be!

Yes. Shotguns are definitely the most efficient choice. Pellet guns make it into a challenge! Lol! I normally use a CZ 455 22LR, but looking through the old iron sights of that Sheridan kind of brings back memories. One thing is for sure though, my eyes aren't what they used to be!
When it comes to the red plague, I have given up entirely on "sporting.":V Shooting Smiley:

Will you do a shoulder or full body mount??? :) :) LOL!!!!!

While I was doing some cleaning up around the house today, I remembered my old Sheridan 20 Cal pellet gun sitting in the corner. This one has been with me since I was a 12 year old boy. I saved and scrimped to pay for it with my grass cutting money and from selling possums to an old black man who paid $3 each for the meat. I was becoming rich! Haha!
I had worn out my old Benjamin 22 cal pellet gun, and decided to "upgrade" a bit, so I splurged and bought the Sheridan. Boy was I happy when this thing arrived! There's no telling how many squirrels and blackbirds this thing has to it's credit. So I though it was time to wipe the dust off and take her hunting again today.
The shot was a rather longish 25 yards through some thick pines, and somehow I was able to thread a pellet through a small opening and hit this big ole grey squirrel right in the neck! I felt like I was 12 again! Like they say....I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

View attachment 390581View attachment 390582
Good job getting back out! I didn't know you could hold onto a gun that long.....

Toby I guess this is the max bore you should be shooting right now! :)

Toby458,
Grey squirrel and a Sheridan !
boy does that bring me back, thanks for posting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg