www.gohuntingandfishing.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Australia ( Northern Territory), New Zealand ( both the North and South Island), Namibia, RSA, England, Scotland, Argentina, Canada (Northwest Territories, Quebec, Alberta, Ontario), United States (WA,WI, AR,AZ,CO,NM,WY,NE,TX,OK,KS,SD,LA,MO,IA,IN,IL,KY,MI,OH,PA,NY,MD,NC,FL,AK)
Are you a goal setter? I am. I have found that planning, saving, and then executing the plan is, by far, better than dreaming. Dreaming is something you do while you're asleep. Hunting is something I want to do while fully awake!

My goals include: 1) completion of the North American Super Slam as Chuck Adams did back in 1992. It includes 27 North American big game species, 2) I would like to shoot a a "good representation" of the species deer in all fifty US states, and 3) as an archer, I would like to complete SCI's World hunting Award. If you are unfamiliar with this program, do look into it. It is a great way to challenge yourself (you compete only against yourself), see the world, meet new friends, and enjoy the wonderful privilege of hunting. It is also a great way to give back as a conservationist. I assess my goals daily, weekly, monthly, and annually. By do so, I find that I continue to hone those skills necessary to achieve said goals. I know exactly where I want to be rather than wondering aimlessly without rhyme or reason.

I would love to hear the goals you have set for yourself as a hunter/archer. Maybe we can help each other in the process...I am here to help and learn.

The goal I have set for myself this year is to shoot the PG animals on my wish list while stalking with my bow in SA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg