SERBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Aleksandar Sasha Belancic Of European Hunting Adventures?

Kuduhntr

Reaction score
Media
Member of
Houston Safari Club; NRA Life Member
Hunted
South Africa, US; WI
Have any of you hunted Roe Deer in Europe? I won a hunt in Serbia with Aleksandar Sasha Belancic. I got it in an auction at the Houston Safari Club Convention in January 2019 and I'll be taking the hunt in August. If any of you have any advice or cautions, I'd love to hear them. Have any of you hunted with European Hunting Safaris? Been to Serbia?
Thanks!
Kuduhntr

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I hunted Roe in Romania. It was a fun hunt can’t speak for Serbia though

Kuduhntr

Reaction score
Media
Member of
Houston Safari Club; NRA Life Member
Hunted
South Africa, US; WI
Thank you Erik

Reid

Reaction score
Media
Have any of you hunted Roe Deer in Europe? I won a hunt in Serbia with Aleksandar Sasha Belancic. I got it in an auction at the Houston Safari Club Convention in January 2019 and I'll be taking the hunt in August. If any of you have any advice or cautions, I'd love to hear them. Have any of you hunted with European Hunting Safaris? Been to Serbia?
Thanks!
Kuduhntr
Can't go wrong with Serbia :
That guy is probably just a middleman and/or travel agent. Invoices are paid to
hunting leases where the hunting is conducted.

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Try to contact @Serbian Hunter
He might know about this outfitter.

BTW, the northern plains of Serbia, were once flooded by Panonian Sea, 8 - 10 million years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannonian_Sea

As the sea drained, and vanished, the soil remained rich with minerals of the once sea bed.

Those minerals in soil today, are considered to be the reason of one of the best roe deer populations in Europe, developing strong song healthy antlers
This is one of the prime destinations for trophy roe deer hunting today.

Reid

Reaction score
Media
That's true. For a while it was thought that roe deer in that region was genetically
different from roe in other parts of Europe, but DNA testing proofed that there's
no difference from roe deer in neighboring regions of Hungary and Romania.

Reid

Reaction score
Media
Speaking of Serbia ...... I know the country and had a relationship with LSPG 'Jelen', when Yugoslavia was up-and-running.
The best roe trophies are coming from these areas : Horgos ( right on Hungarian border ), Novi Knezevac ( right in the middle of Vojvodina region, at Tisa river ), and Obrenovac, just east of capital, Belgrade :

The bulk of hunters hunting there are from Germany and France. Americans are an oddity. The problem with Americans is that they don't understand CIC trophy scoring system . Hope this will help : https://www.countydeerstalking.co.uk/blog/gold-medal-roebuck.html ;

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Thanks!
Kuduhntr

Hello Kuduhunter,
I don't know the supplier.
But some of the roebucks are huge and, although I am not fully aware of it anymore, they were the cheapest bucks (the big ones-500 g) in Europe.
You probably hunt in the Voivodina, an agricultural area around Novi Sad.
I have been there 5 x now and I can tell you only the best about the comradeship of the Serbs and the organization.
Let us know when you have been there.
Regards from Munich.
Foxi

Last edited:

Latest profile posts

Enjoy the bush with Respect
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings