Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Senate Confirms Aurelia Skipwith as Director of USFWS

Safari Club International congratulates Aurelia Skipwith on being confirmed as Director of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and thanks President Donald J. Trump for her nomination.

unnamed.jpg

The United States Senate voted today to confirm Ms. Skipwith's nomination with bi-partisan support. "The confirmation of Aurelia Skipwith is a major win for hunters, habitat, and healthy wildlife populations. SCI Looks forward to working with Director Skipwith to continue promoting and protecting our nations proud sporting heritage" said SCI' Director of Government Affairs Ben Cassidy.

Her confirmation is a positive development for hunters across the nation and Safari Club International's Hunter Advocacy Action Center (HAAC) played a key role in pushing her nomination forward. Thanks to grassroots efforts led by SCI, members of the United States Senate received a flood of emails and phone calls from SCI members nationwide voicing support for her confirmation.

Safari Club International has been a strong supporter of her nomination from the start, with SCI CEO Laird Hamberlin thanking President Trump for her nomination and stating that "As Director, Ms. Skipwith will continue to be a champion for conservation and hunters. She is the game changer that the Fish and Wildlife Service sorely needs to direct it." Hamberlin also penned an op-ed earlier this year in which he made the case that Aurelia Skipwith is The Future of American Conservation.

Director Skipwith was previously serving as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Fish, Wildlife, and Parks where she is actively involved with ensuring the protection and stewardship of lands and waters within the National Park and Wildlife Refuge Systems. During her time in this role she has prioritized public access for hunting and fishing on National Wildlife Refuges and almost 30 of the nation's top hunting and conservation organizations, alongside SCI, voiced their support for her nomination.

In May of 2017, Director Skipwith attended SCI's board meeting and delivered an address on behalf of President Trump.

SCI applauds the high level of engagement from our members on this important issue, as their voices were undoubtedly heard by members of the Senate. Sign up for SCI's Hunter Advocacy Action Center to receive alerts when issues come up that may affect management, conservation, and hunting access on public land, plus national legislative issues.

On behalf of the members of SCI, Congratulations Director!

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Attachments

• Aurelia-Skipwith-Resume.pdf
    646.4 KB · Views: 102
Sounds like a smart, well rounded person AND she favors hunting. This may give the antis a slight fit and they can't pull the race card because she is black and a woman. Looking good.

Finally, a Pres Trump appointee that is not attacked by the Lefties........FWB

Sorry, did I miss something? I didn't see anything in her resume relative to hunting or preserving /securing hunting access to National Parks etc. Is it possible to print her speech to the SCI so we can see where she's coming from?

Cant imagine SCI would be a vocal supporter of her if she was not as represented.

We will see. I see lots of DC (Swamp) and Patent law work on her Resume.

She is the first USFWS director in decades with no background or experience in fisheries or wildlife management.

Jerome or Brickburn, can you get a copy of her speech to the SCI and reprint it here? I'd prefer not to see accolades heaped upon or stones thrown against her without knowing the truth about where she stands on hunting and related issues.

From SCI,,

Ms. Skipwith has been serving as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Fish, Wildlife, and Parks where she is actively involved with ensuring the protection and stewardship of lands and waters within the National Park and Wildlife Refuge Systems. During her time in this role she has prioritized public access for hunting and fishing on National Wildlife Refuges and almost 30 of the nation’s top hunting and conservation organizations, alongside SCI, have voiced their support for her nomination. Skipwith has also shown a commitment to SCI’s mission in the past, delivering a speech at the SCI board meeting in May of 2017

She does seem to have some experience in this..

Again, I cant wee where SCI is going to support someone that works against us.

Sestoppleman, I saw the same or similar information in the OP"s original comments. What I didn't see was any similar or equaling revealing information in her Resume. Being an Assistant Deputy Director of anything in Washington "drags a lot of water" with Politicians. But like Obama's "Czars" most of them didn't know squat about the "areas of interest" they were in charge of. Lawyers have to look at both sides of the "coin." But IMHO they only pursue the side that is paying them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.23 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.24 AM.png
    634.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.25 AM.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.36.27 AM.png
    457.1 KB · Views: 106
Brickburn, thanks for looking. Perhaps someone in the SCI can help.

So she has been confirmed by the Senate:eek: so all this hand wringing seems a little like too little too late.;) I guess questions about her positions on the issues would be best directed to her or SCI. I still don't think that SCI would give here such high marks if she was some sort of anti.o_O

What is the difference between the Department she came from and the USFWS? Except for the word Parks there seems to be some overlap of the subjects being overseen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dee

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross