Selling My Whitworth .375 H&H

Thanks,Well it's Sunny and Sunday in Ludifisk Land so I worked up some Loads with the Bulk Midway 270s I got a while back and I'm heading to the range to do a barrel break in. I'm not expecting to much in the accuracy Dept but maybe this Nasty Looking SOB will surprise me.

When it proves to be difficult to hit a lake there in Ludifisk Land and you grow tired of looking at her, let me know, I'm for you and will take that junk off your hands. :)

Congratulations...You can't go wrong with the Winchesters for the money. The post 64 push feeds or the newer models with CRF. I have both. They are both outstanding rifles!

Well It appears that Quasimodo has struck back for calling her bad names with a smack on the Beak, I usually put a slip on recoil pad to give me a little more length of pull but forgot and when she saw the chance she got even, as for accuracy it was so so at 200 meters nothing to brag about
IMG_1728.jpg
I'll keep working on it. The rifle is very smooth and the action feels very smooth almost like a push feed, the safety is a little stiff,I tend to believe that the rifle is an extremely low round count as the owner stated

Last edited:
Well It appears that Quasimodo has struck back for calling her bad names with a smack on the Beak, I usually put a slip on recoil pad to give me a little more length of pull but forgot and when she saw the chance she got even, as for accuracy it was so so at 200 meters nothing to brag about View attachment 205270 I'll keep working on it. The rifle is very smooth and the action feels very smooth almost like a push feed, the safety is a little stiff,I tend to believe that the rifle is an extremely low round count as the owner stated

Mine really likes IMR4350 with the 300gr pills and H4895 with 250's. But this may be a lost cause, so keep my very generous offer in mind..... :whistle:(y);)

Yep, that is one ugly rifle for sure!!o_Oo_O LOL!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh and you beat me to the two bagger joke. That's one of my all time fav jokes!:rolleyes::D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reminds me one time at the range a guy had just mounted a scope on his rifle and it was a bit far back. Another guy said hey, you might want to move the scope back a bit. "Don't tell me how to mount a scope whippersnapper", or some such. You guessed it. One round later, blood all over the place and a deep gash in need of stiches over his right eyebrow. Ten times worse than yours. Hell, that just looks like your finger slipped picking your nose, LOL!

Mine really likes IMR4350 with the 300gr pills and H4895 with 250's. But this may be a lost cause, so keep my very generous offer in mind..... :whistle:(y);)
I'm going to give those powders a try, RL15 didn't give me the results I was looking for, what were the powder charges you used

I'm going to give those powders a try, RL15 didn't give me the results I was looking for, what were the powder charges you used

I'm at work still and that info is at home. And I'm headed tonight to what may be the last of games for our Diamondbacks. If I fail to get back to you in the next couple days, shoot me a PM and remind me.

I'm at work still and that info is at home. And I'm headed tonight to what may be the last of games for our Diamondbacks. If I fail to get back to you in the next couple days, shoot me a PM and remind me.
Thanks,,,Go Diamondbacks

78-80 grs of IMR4350 is good, and 82 or so grains of IMR4831 as well with 300 gr bullets. These will give you over 2500 fps with a 24" bbl.

78-80 grs of IMR4350 is good, and 82 or so grains of IMR4831 as well with 300 gr bullets. These will give you over 2500 fps with a 24" bbl.
Thanks for the info, The old 375 loved 75gs of Win 760 and got me 2497fps so I'll be giving that a try also

Thanks,,,Go Diamondbacks

Rob,

78gr of IMR4350 behind 300gr A-Frames.

75-76gr of IMR4350 behind 300gr North Fork Bonded Cores. I didn't quite finish this load development, but that's close to what it will be. This load matches the A-Frame for both velocity and accuracy.

Note that both of these should you try to give a go, you should start around 71-72gr of powder. The A-Frame load is above max in the Swift manual.

72.8gr of H4895 behind 250gr North Fork Bonded Cores. Good for like 2850fps. Again start a bit lower than this. You could also use Varget to get same velocity/accuracy, but I found the Varget load that matched H4895 for velocity/accuracy was closer to a load that started showing pressure signs, so I stuck with the H4895.

H4895 also worked very well with 250gr Barnes TTSX. Those bullets however severely copper fouled my barrel and became inaccurate after roughly 10 rounds. So I don't have it in my notes, but I do remember the H4895 worked well for a very accurate and fast round.

Rob,

78gr of IMR4350 behind 300gr A-Frames.

75-76gr of IMR4350 behind 300gr North Fork Bonded Cores. I didn't quite finish this load development, but that's close to what it will be. This load matches the A-Frame for both velocity and accuracy.

Note that both of these should you try to give a go, you should start around 71-72gr of powder. The A-Frame load is above max in the Swift manual.

72.8gr of H4895 behind 250gr North Fork Bonded Cores. Good for like 2850fps. Again start a bit lower than this. You could also use Varget to get same velocity/accuracy, but I found the Varget load that matched H4895 for velocity/accuracy was closer to a load that started showing pressure signs, so I stuck with the H4895.

H4895 also worked very well with 250gr Barnes TTSX. Those bullets however severely copper fouled my barrel and became inaccurate after roughly 10 rounds. So I don't have it in my notes, but I do remember the H4895 worked well for a very accurate and fast round.
Thanks Phil, hopefully the weather will hold out for a few more weeks so I can try some of these loads

Thanks Phil, hopefully the weather will hold out for a few more weeks so I can try some of these loads

Proper shooting weather just arrived here. :)

Well 120 in June sucks buttermilk I can tell ya.
I went to Arizona for a week to play Golf,,It was a 100deg at 6am in the morning WTF, but working in a Kitchen that is always 90deg the heat doesn't affect me as much but 120 is a bit warm

The Arizona desert in the summer, really, really, blows. Even in October, it's still been, mid to upper 90's. The first rifle deer hunt can be unpleasant, for those that hunt the desert units.

The Arizona desert in the summer, really, really, blows. Even in October, it's still been, mid to upper 90's. The first rifle deer hunt can be unpleasant, for those that hunt the desert units.
I never hunted out West, I hunted in Northern Wisc. and that Upper Peninsula

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!