Selling A Firearms Collection

Oh my gosh! I would love to see a list of your collection. My dad and I collect WW II and previous militaria. Your 1911 Remington-Rand .45 ACP, still packed in cosmoline sounds like a dream come true!

If you put these up online, could we please have a link?

Thanks,

Kento
@Kento
The Remington Rand brand new is a retirement fund in itself or most of another safari. It wood be easier to find rocking horse poop and hens teeth than that minty 45.
Bob

You might give some thought to separating your collection into groups. "African" calibers, doubles if available could be listed on AH. Deer / elk calibers could be put on Gunbroker in small groups. Pre 64 Winchesters should be listed separately. Do you live anywhere near one of the up-coming SCI conventions. Do you belong to a local Sportsmen's Club where you might list what you have for sale. I used to belong to such a club where one of the guys purchased entire collections from widows etc. he had little to no overhead so he could offer the "seller" a reasonable price, make a "few" bucks and offer the buyer an opportunity to save a few bucks as well. It was a "win - win" all the way around.

Good Luck
@Shootist43
Art people at my gun club often set up tables of stuff for sale while a shoot is on. A lot of stuff is sold like that.
Bob

I contacted James Julia and Sons, back when they were still JJ&S, and they were gonna send out a man to make an offer. Soon after, they sold, and the issue was dropped. So nothing came of it. Nothing else has been done. I am reluctant to post much more on this topic, as I think we are rapidly approaching a time when a firearms collection will be illegal. Not sure what my next step will be. Best regards to all shooters and hunters. Stay strong......................FWB

I contacted James Julia and Sons, back when they were still JJ&S, and they were gonna send out a man to make an offer. Soon after, they sold, and the issue was dropped. So nothing came of it. Nothing else has been done. I am reluctant to post much more on this topic, as I think we are rapidly approaching a time when a firearms collection will be illegal. Not sure what my next step will be. Best regards to all shooters and hunters. Stay strong......................FWB
Flatwater Bill, I surely hope you are still going to accompanied me to our 1885 Era Black Powder rifle hunt ?? I really want to meet you in person.

I think Morphy took over for JJ&S. They were the people that recently sold a collection belonging to the late Neal Knox, gunwriter and former head of NRA-ILA, according to his son Jeff.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.36.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.36.38 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.36.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.36.41 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.36.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.36.42 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
I plan to sell my guns over the next year. Any advice on how to go about it?

I bought my first firearm 55 years ago, a Savage model 64 O/U .22/20ga. Bought another gun when I could or when I thought I needed it. The numbers grew and grew. Probably about 125 guns now. It isn't a collection in the classical sense........like ALL Colts or ALL Winchesters. Just useful, middle of the road guns. Naturally, there is the odd Parker A1 Special in 28 ga, Fox-Sterlingworth X Grade, Ithaca Dollar Grade, and a few Greener Breech loading elephant guns. But most are just your average hunting guns.

How do I sell them? Too many to list here or on Gunbroker. Can't sell them on Ebay. Can't sell them locally...............don't want a bunch of crack-heads beating on my door wanting cheap handguns. I doubt that a high-end site like James Julia would want them..........maybe a few, but not Rugers, Winchesters and Remingtons. Appreciate ideas..........gun shows? Auction sites?

(And no, I really don't have any X grades, but I did see one once)

Thanks...........................................Flatwater Bill

Appreciate any advice on how to sell the lot. Especially from someone with experience in this area.
Where are you located I can actually help you if you are interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.