Sellier & Bellot 6.5 X 57 Brass

Mannscho

Reaction score
Media
Hello All,
New here and have recently become the steward of a Mannlicher Schoenauer Model NO in 6.5 X 57. I purchased a few hundred rounds of S&B and plan on entering into the reloading foray--currently fully ignorant in that realm. I see plenty of reference to PPI brass but haven't come across any mention of the S&B. Is it decent for reloading?
Thanks for any input.
IMG_7606.jpg

It won't be ideal to learn reloading and can have issues with tight primer pockets, etc.

Do a Google search on Snipershide dot com for "S&B brass".

I have loaded a few hundered loads in S&B 6.5x57 brass and have had zero of the issues mentioned.
Loads are more accurate than the rifle they are shot in.
Some cases are 4-5 firings in with no problems.

If you have a "few hundred" you should be sorted for a long time.

Love the caliber, splits the difference between .257 Roberts and 6.5x55 SE in my head even though its ballistically identical to the Swede.

Good Brass dont worry about it.
If you worry just aneal them.

Thanks for the input and welcome all. Appreciated. I will look into what they have to say over at snipershide also.

Have used a lot of it ,22 hornet 7.62x39, 6.5x55, 7x57, 8x57, 9.3x62, 303 British, yes some have tight
primer pockets. as good as Winchester or Remington but hot in the same class as Lapua
but much cheaper & their metric calibers case heads are correct size.

S&B is decent brass. And there are very few alternatives available in that cartridge anyway. Tight primer pockets are the only "problem" have ever had with S&B, and its a minor inconvenience that I've only seen a few times. Tight primer pockets is much better than primer pockets that are too loose. Just proceed and have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross