Seizure of taxidermy in Spain

SES,
Any details?

The link opens when you select his message.

That's unbelievable. There has to be something illegal about that many mounts unless it is some type of warehouse.

In the link it says a possible smuggling operation and that they found the mounts in a warehouse.

The mounts were elephants, polar bears, rhinos, and other animals.

Thanks. It did not occur to me to click on the line that was the link. Nice big ele!

I would think the businesses that did the taxidermy without the proper permits will be in big trouble?

That's crazy. Is there really that big of demand in Europe for taxidermy to warrant a smuggling operation? There has to be more to this.

Hope fully the taxidermy can be distributed to museums for something like that, don't want to see any of it destroyed. The ivory might be destroyed but I hope not.

Watching the video it has had to of happened over a lot of years.

Taxidermist really don't deal with the paperwork and it is quite likely that the person or persons who shot all these animals could buy them off quite easily

Until now, the story is that someone reported that there was a warehouse full of taxidermy, and the authorities are investigating.

There are 1090 animals, including 198 elephant tusks, and it is a private collection.

Our media, which is mostly left leaning and of course anti-hunting are speculating that all this is illegal, but so far there is no official statement by the police/customs.

A few months ago, we had the same thing happen to one our more important international hunters, with hundreds of trophies from all over the world.

He could prove that he had the proper documents for all of them except for about a dozen which he had hunted before CITES existed !

Last edited:
Until now, the story is that someone reported that there was a warehouse full of taxidermy, and the authorities are investigating.

There are 1090 animals, including 198 elephant tusks, and it is a private collection.

Our media, which is mostly left leaning and of course anti-hunting are speculating that all this is illegal, but so far there is no official statement by the police/customs.

A few months ago, we had the same thing happen to one our more important international hunters, with hundreds of trophies from all over the world.

He could prove that he had the proper documents for all of them except for about a dozen which he had hunted before CITES existed !
Even if they are all legal, that is one helluva lot of hunting. Any way, leave it to the lamescream media to try and make a big deal out of it.

@Newboomer , these animals were collected by Francisco Ros Casares, a businessman from the town of Betera, province of Valencia, Spain.

He died in 2014 and had been a hunter for 60 years.

He has two sons, but I have no idea if they are also hunters, which would explain the number of mounts.

The authorities are still going through all the paperwork, although most of the press has already declared that of of this is illegal, and immoral of course :E Red Hot:

I'm pretty sure I saw a snow leopard in there.

He must have had quite a lust for hunting, as well as a whole lot of money and time. Even if it took him 60 years, thats still incredible.

I wonder if the DNR & Customs will ever raid Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops LOL.

If he hunted for sixty years then that would probably explain most of them and may have been a collector too. Could've got a lot of them before CITES existed.
But, the headline will be "poaching and smuggling ring" lol

#LifeGoals

:E Rofl:

I was reading about a coming Taxidermy auction & there was a small paragraph about this, it seems it has been run as a Museum for some time ?

So the Feds could hit the Smithsonian Museum soon & seize an illegal haul ?

" Meanwhile, the BBC is trying to ‘cancel’ hunting trophies. It ran a story about a trophy collection in Valencia, inherited from a hunter by his two sons in 2014, that Spanish police recently impounded over import certificates. Despite images showing the Valencia collection laid out as a trophy museum, the BBC attempted to criminalise conservation efforts by referring to the police ‘haul’ of trophies. The UK’s state-run news organisation left out important sections of the story, such as the warehouse’s public use as a trophy museum for at least eight years. "

From the site .

Last edited:
I was reading about a coming Taxidermy auction & there was a small paragraph about this, it seems it has been run as a Museum for some time ?

So the Feds could hit the Smithsonian Museum soon & seize an illegal haul ?

" Meanwhile, the BBC is trying to ‘cancel’ hunting trophies. It ran a story about a trophy collection in Valencia, inherited from a hunter by his two sons in 2014, that Spanish police recently impounded over import certificates. Despite images showing the Valencia collection laid out as a trophy museum, the BBC attempted to criminalise conservation efforts by referring to the police ‘haul’ of trophies. The UK’s state-run news organisation left out important sections of the story, such as the warehouse’s public use as a trophy museum for at least eight years. "

From the site .

Furthermore, before his death, Mr. Casares had been trying to donate the trophy collection to a public museum, but he found no takers.

Exactly the same as happened to Marcial Gomez Sequeira, a Weatherby Award candidate, a few months ago.

This is no coincidence :E Red Hot:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you