Searcy Nitro 577 Express would like to sell

Zanner42

Reaction score
So my father passed away last year, and due to the coronavirus situation, things have gotten financially difficult. Since I don't know much about selling guns and would like to get a fair price, any suggestions on the best place to auction or post? My dad was a member of this site for a long time, I hate to sell it but he told me if times ever got hard, to do what I needed to do. Thanks!
Nitro.jpg

What was your Dad's screen name?

So my father passed away last year, and due to the coronavirus situation, things have gotten financially difficult. Since I don't know much about selling guns and would like to get a fair price, any suggestions on the best place to auction or post? My dad was a member of this site for a long time, I hate to sell it but he told me if times ever got hard, to do what I needed to do. Thanks!View attachment 374372

I was looking at H&H.They have one for $275,000. I didn`t realise the prices were so varied.

The one in the previous post is not the same grade as the OP has posted but it is a much closer number to be expected.
beautiful rifle, wish the best of luck selling her.

@Zanner42, sorry to hear of your father's passing. He was very active on our double rifle forum. A Searcy rifle will never cost or sell for what a Holland and Holland will. They are two different beasts. I am sure we have members that can give you an estimate of your rifle's value. Also you can call Butch Searcy, the maker of your rifle, tell him what you have with serial number and get his thoughts. Good luck.

@Zanner42, sorry to hear of your father's passing. He was very active on our double rifle forum. A Searcy rifle will never cost or sell for what a Holland and Holland will. They are two different beasts. I am sure we have members that can give you an estimate of your rifle's value. Also you can call Butch Searcy, the maker of your rifle, tell him what you have with serial number and get his thoughts. Good luck.
Thank you on the condolences, he was a great man. Thanks for the advice as well, I hope to get her to someone who can appreciate her!

So I should ask $15k for it then?
Your rifle appears to be very nice, I would contact Butch Searcy and ask his opinion. I would think it should bring north of 15k in a good market. I will send you a PM with Contact info for Butch.

The one in the previous post is not the same grade as the OP has posted but it is a much closer number to be expected.
beautiful rifle, wish the best of luck selling her.
Sorry about that.I should have done some research.My bad.

Sorry about that.I should have done some research.My bad.
No worries Fark! But I bet Zanner42 got really excited for a minute! Lol
I love my Searcy, but a Holland and Holland she is not!

The wood on that rifle is absolutely first class. Maybe if you could hang on to it until Africa opens a bit more, you would do better. Few places on Earth where such power is needed, and for most of us boomers, that meant Africa and buffalo. With Covid, we have seen a spate of big bores being sold. Best of luck for your difficult situation...................FWB

If I don`t do my research in the future,I`m gonna give some poor bastard a heart attack!
it's all Expert level after the 20th post...

So my father passed away last year, and due to the coronavirus situation, things have gotten financially difficult. Since I don't know much about selling guns and would like to get a fair price, any suggestions on the best place to auction or post? My dad was a member of this site for a long time, I hate to sell it but he told me if times ever got hard, to do what I needed to do. Thanks!View attachment 374372
Zanner: Once you do your research, kindly leave me a PM with the findings. Thank you and my condolences re: your DAD! I lost mine too, and some hunting mentors just recently and am lucky and grateful to have inherited two guns they wished for me to have. (NOT .577s!) lol Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois