Searcy Falling Block Stalking Rifle....

theelectricfox

Reaction score
New to the forums, but not to hunting. I live in Texas and hunt mainly in the south(all over the gulf coast) with large magnum revolvers(.460mag, .500). Feral hogs are my choice of game since you can pretty much get away with a classic stalk type hunt. A .460magnum load out of my revolver will bring down everything, but I want to try it with a rifle....that's when I remembered about Butch Searcy and his products.

Of course I have not seen any reviews on it yet, but I am in the market for one of his falling block Stalking Rifles. From what I have read he doesn't list all the calibers available....so does he charge extra for ones not listed? I am looking to get one in either .416 Rigby(which he doesn't list) or .470NE

I don't have remotely any experience with those calibers( or anything greater than .308), but I hunt duck and geese with a 10 gauge SxS shotgun (3&1/2 chamber).....and am not too recoil sensitive. Since the starting price is 8K for the non-take down version, should I just up it and go with his double rifle(PH model...and I'd go with .470NE)???

Welcome to AH! I'm sure you will get some suggestions if you keep checking back to this thread.

Welcome to AH! Your talking about more gun then I know about but if you can hunt with it I say go for the gusto and have yourself a blast.

Look at his website for a phone number and call him! He's always ready to talk to a new customer. Chances are if he still makes a S.S. then he'll make what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.