Search Black Bear Hunting 2018 Falls

Matrero

Reaction score
Hi!!! We are from Argentina and we are looking for a black bear hunting.We can also add any another especies an obviously fishing too.
We want to try it in "spot and stalk" .Just use the treestand if spot and stalk fracasses.
Don't care luxury , just want hunt fish and good prices.
Need too the service to send trophyes and skins in a legal way to Argentina.(some outfitters suggested me to bring it in my bag :A Whacky:)
We may be 2 or 3 hunters.
What can you offer us??
Tnanks a lot for your time.
Ivan

Black bear spot in stalk is available in British Columbia, Canada. There are some reports on here for references. I have not hunted out there (yet) so I cannot recommend anyone. Good luck!

Last edited:
Rifle or Bow hunting?

Matrero
Just for a bit of local knowledge ( I live on Vancouver Island lots & lots of black bears), I would humbly suggest a area on the coast of BC, Vancouver Island , or the Alaskan pan handle. Rather than the interior of the province. The simple fact is that the best habitat for black bears is on the west coast of North America. The black bear diet on the coast is supplemented by salmon, mussels , oysters , and other selfish the coastal beaches and rivers, the mountains are full of grasses and berries because of the abundant rainfall. In the fall they will be down on the salmon rivers sucking up fish. They stink but they will have a very healthy coat and be at there peak weight for the year. Also read the thread on slugs for bear on AH.
From SCI
"Oso negro (Sp), Schwarzbär (G), Ours noir, Baribal (F). The Amerian black bear has been divided into two subspecies; Continental (Inland) Black Bear and the Coastal (Pacific) Black Bear. The division was made because the Coastal Black Bear is, on average, bigger than the Continental (Inland) Black Bear. This is due to the rich and ubiquitous food source of fish, mostly salmon, that the Coastal Black Bear has available."

PM if you have any questions I be glad to help !

Pat

Matrero
Just for a bit of local knowledge ( I live on Vancouver Island lots & lots of black bears), I would humbly suggest a area on the coast of BC, Vancouver Island , or the Alaskan pan handle. Rather than the interior of the province. The simple fact is that the best habitat for black bears is on the west coast of North America. The black bear diet on the coast is supplemented by salmon, mussels , oysters , and other selfish the coastal beaches and rivers, the mountains are full of grasses and berries because of the abundant rainfall. In the fall they will be down on the salmon rivers sucking up fish. They stink but they will have a very healthy coat and be at there peak weight for the year. Also read the thread on slugs for bear on AH.
From SCI
"Oso negro (Sp), Schwarzbär (G), Ours noir, Baribal (F). The Amerian black bear has been divided into two subspecies; Continental (Inland) Black Bear and the Coastal (Pacific) Black Bear. The division was made because the Coastal Black Bear is, on average, bigger than the Continental (Inland) Black Bear. This is due to the rich and ubiquitous food source of fish, mostly salmon, that the Coastal Black Bear has available."

PM if you have any questions I be glad to help !

Pat

PM sent!.Thanks a lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg