SE Louisiana FNG

Finally decided to sign up to learn as much as I can . I’m retired Army living in south east Louisiana. Been here for 54 years. Budget doesn’t afford me the opportunity to go to Africa, but it will be enjoyable reading about other hunters that have gone . Thanks for a great and informative site.

Welcome to AH!

Finally decided to sign up to learn as much as I can . I’m retired Army living in south east Louisiana. Been here for 54 years. Budget doesn’t afford me the opportunity to go to Africa, but it will be enjoyable reading about other hunters that have gone . Thanks for a great and informative site.

Hello Spearhead,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

As others have said, you might be quite pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive Africa can be.
Not too many years ago, I know I was quite pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable Africa turned out to be.

When you have a few spare minutes, have a peep into the Khomas web site.
Ours is not a game fenced / farm raised stock type of outfit.
It is true free range / truly wild game, in the mountains of hunter friendly Namibia.
As such, we don’t have money tied up in miles and miles of 10’ high fence costs and we don’t have money tied up in buying cattle truck loads of game animals.
Therefore, without those added expenses, we offer wonderful hunting at very affordable prices.

Even if you don’t hunt with Khomas, please do visit Africa sometime.
You will not regret it, life is short and the world is an interesting place (especially Africa).

“I spent most of my money on proper rifles and big game hunting.
The rest I just wasted”.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Spearhead, welcome to the AH forum! Please never stop dreaming! Dreams can become reality if you put the right plan together.

Welcome. Down river from you in Madisonville. Been on the North Shore since the mid 90's. Yes, the traffic is horrible lately compared to then, but not as unbearable as Atlanta. It seems you can spend a whole lot or not much more than a trip out west or to Alaska- just depends on what it's worth to you. I'm headed to Africa (Zambia) for the first time in July. I can make more money but I can't make more time, so its worth it to me to go to one of the wilder places while I can. Good luck on your quest.

Welcome. Down river from you in Madisonville. Been on the North Shore since the mid 90's. Yes, the traffic is horrible lately compared to then, but not as unbearable as Atlanta. It seems you can spend a whole lot or not much more than a trip out west or to Alaska- just depends on what it's worth to you. I'm headed to Africa (Zambia) for the first time in July. I can make more money but I can't make more time, so its worth it to me to go to one of the wilder places while I can. Good luck on your quest.
Thank sounds awesome. Is it your first ever African trip? I’d love to keep up with you and read all about it if you plan on a post when you get back. Pre Katrina the traffic and people were quite different. I agree about time. It seems to speed up as I get older. I’m hoping to get over in a year or two for some plains game and enjoyment of something I’ve wanted since I watched wild kingdom as a kid.
Andrew

I am hopeful a trip over to Africa is doable. I have it real bad for a Gemsbok and Kudu. I finally stopped dreaming of a Buffalo. Never hurts to wish though.
Welcom to the forum.
Trip to Africa is doable.
If you research very carefully you will see that kudu and gemsbok, can be found in similar price range as buffalo cow, in South Africa.
There are several offers by sponsoros of this forum for buffalo cow.

Enjoy the site, plan the budget, go for it!
(y)

Drop me a pm, I can reccomend my outfitter.

Also, practically all the sponsors here are thoroguhly vetted - by forum community, so just go to hunting report page, find some good feedback hunting report, and you will find reputable outfitter.

You can also specify what kind of hunt would you prefer, and outfitters will conatct you here.

Look for South Africa, or Namibia for first hunt, that would be my suggestion.

@Spearhead Pretty nice lizard in you avatar.
Welcome to AH. Glad you enjoy it.
Feel free to add your stories about that lizard hunt.

Welcome aboard! Good to see another hunter from the Sportsman's Paradise. Hope you make it out to Africa for that hunt. It is very doable with proper planning and research. There's no shortage of opinions available here. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaggieBayl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!