Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Walked into the LGS last Saturday and found this. Ruger Express RS .338 Win. NIB made in 2002, LGS got it from another LGS getting out of gun sales, I guess for peanuts, because thats what I paid for it, peanuts! Got it for about a third of its value. Couple of minor issues. A spot of pitting around the barrel band and some graying of the bore just inside the muzzle. I have shot it twice now and it shoots quite well thank you very much. Click on pix twice for larger image.

IMG_2712.jpgIMG_2713.jpgIMG_2715.jpgIMG_2716.jpg

Absolutely beautiful, congrats!

Fantastic Score Ses, When deb and I first got married Rite Aids in Alaska sold guns and were getting out of the gun sales and we scored on Debs first rifle that way Ruger M77 in a 300WM for 250.00 NIB. Congrats on your 338.WM :thumb:

Thanks guys. Yeah I think I actually felt my knees buckle just a bit when I realized what it was and saw the price tag. Now when I got home and looked it over closely, impossible in the store when you have "buyers eye glazeover", and found the couple of flaws, some of the euphoria diminished but it shoots great so no worries there. I really like it.

Crap! Why can't I ever find something like that!

Very Nice!

Thanks Cliffy, I looked for one of these in '06 for some time but prices were just too high, ended up buying a Mark X Mauser, then later an older Steyr Model M. The Steyr really shoots, the Mark X aint bad either. Knowing that most of the Express rifles were in .270 or '06 I never really figured to see one in .338 so when I tripped over this one... well lets just say I knew it would follow me home!:rolleyes:

Congrats ses, it's a beauty! I think I'd probably put a nice Pachmayr pad on it and and call it good.

Great rifle. Had the same one in .416. They are one of the very best deals on the market,

Congrats ses, it's a beauty! I think I'd probably put a nice Pachmayr pad on it and and call it good.
Pad?? Pad?? We dont need no stinking pad!! I use a strap on PAST pad for anything much over '06. Ruger pads are skimpy for sure but no way do I change anything on this rifle. With the extra weight from the quarter rib, it weighs nearly 9.5# with scope. Thanks guys.

Pad?? Pad?? We dont need no stinking pad!! I use a strap on PAST pad for anything much over '06. Ruger pads are skimpy for sure but no way do I change anything on this rifle. With the extra weight from the quarter rib, it weighs nearly 9.5# with scope. Thanks guys.

Like I said, I wouldn't do one thing to it......:whistling:

Hello shooters, this has become a safe queen which means its time to move it along to someone else to appreciate for a while. It looks just like it did here when pix were posted and has maybe 150 rounds thru it, it shoots great and has enough weight to not be too punishing. A fine rifle that is just languishing in the safe, never hunted. PM with any questions or offers. Looking to get $1500 for rifle and box with rings. The .338 is relatively hard to find in this model, most are 30-06 and .270 Win. Open to trade offers, but mostly looking for cash to support my various other rifle diseases, LOL. I will offer it here for a while first to the members, but if no interest it will go to Gunjoker. Thanks!!

Ses, that is a great price for that rifle, especially in .338. I personally don't like .338 win mags, but that is still a great deal for a big caliber Ruger Express. Shouldn't be for sale too long!

The .338 Win is a favorite of mine, and I will have another for sure, I just like it even if I never hunt with one again. Sort of in a Model 70 phase right now...:rolleyes:o_O:D:D

Good luck with your sale. Neat rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg