Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Walked into the LGS last Saturday and found this. Ruger Express RS .338 Win. NIB made in 2002, LGS got it from another LGS getting out of gun sales, I guess for peanuts, because thats what I paid for it, peanuts! Got it for about a third of its value. Couple of minor issues. A spot of pitting around the barrel band and some graying of the bore just inside the muzzle. I have shot it twice now and it shoots quite well thank you very much. Click on pix twice for larger image.

IMG_2712.jpgIMG_2713.jpgIMG_2715.jpgIMG_2716.jpg

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Absolutely beautiful, congrats!

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Fantastic Score Ses, When deb and I first got married Rite Aids in Alaska sold guns and were getting out of the gun sales and we scored on Debs first rifle that way Ruger M77 in a 300WM for 250.00 NIB. Congrats on your 338.WM :thumb:

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Thanks guys. Yeah I think I actually felt my knees buckle just a bit when I realized what it was and saw the price tag. Now when I got home and looked it over closely, impossible in the store when you have "buyers eye glazeover", and found the couple of flaws, some of the euphoria diminished but it shoots great so no worries there. I really like it.

Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
Crap! Why can't I ever find something like that!

Very Nice!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Thanks Cliffy, I looked for one of these in '06 for some time but prices were just too high, ended up buying a Mark X Mauser, then later an older Steyr Model M. The Steyr really shoots, the Mark X aint bad either. Knowing that most of the Express rifles were in .270 or '06 I never really figured to see one in .338 so when I tripped over this one... well lets just say I knew it would follow me home!:rolleyes:

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Congrats ses, it's a beauty! I think I'd probably put a nice Pachmayr pad on it and and call it good.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Great rifle. Had the same one in .416. They are one of the very best deals on the market,

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Congrats ses, it's a beauty! I think I'd probably put a nice Pachmayr pad on it and and call it good.
Pad?? Pad?? We dont need no stinking pad!! I use a strap on PAST pad for anything much over '06. Ruger pads are skimpy for sure but no way do I change anything on this rifle. With the extra weight from the quarter rib, it weighs nearly 9.5# with scope. Thanks guys.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Pad?? Pad?? We dont need no stinking pad!! I use a strap on PAST pad for anything much over '06. Ruger pads are skimpy for sure but no way do I change anything on this rifle. With the extra weight from the quarter rib, it weighs nearly 9.5# with scope. Thanks guys.

Like I said, I wouldn't do one thing to it......:whistling:

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Hello shooters, this has become a safe queen which means its time to move it along to someone else to appreciate for a while. It looks just like it did here when pix were posted and has maybe 150 rounds thru it, it shoots great and has enough weight to not be too punishing. A fine rifle that is just languishing in the safe, never hunted. PM with any questions or offers. Looking to get $1500 for rifle and box with rings. The .338 is relatively hard to find in this model, most are 30-06 and .270 Win. Open to trade offers, but mostly looking for cash to support my various other rifle diseases, LOL. I will offer it here for a while first to the members, but if no interest it will go to Gunjoker. Thanks!!

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Ses, that is a great price for that rifle, especially in .338. I personally don't like .338 win mags, but that is still a great deal for a big caliber Ruger Express. Shouldn't be for sale too long!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
The .338 Win is a favorite of mine, and I will have another for sure, I just like it even if I never hunt with one again. Sort of in a Model 70 phase right now...:rolleyes:o_O:D:D

MS Hitman

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, Handgun Hunters International, Quail Forever, SCI, DSC, DU
Hunted
USA (MS, LA, WV, CO, TX, AL, AR, & NM), South Africa, New Brunswick, Canada
Good luck with your sale. Neat rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THREEDFLYER

Latest profile posts

eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob
xausa wrote on Challer's profile.
I don't know where you're located, but I'd be happy to let you try out my Krieghoff. I'm located in West Tennessee and the local gun club has a skeet layout and is located not far from my farm. We're about five miles from the Kentucky state line and about 100 miles west of Nashville.
I just joined today, I live in Louisiana. I joined mostly because of all of the 35 Whelen discussion as I am now very interested In the 35 Whelen. I have an 1885 Highwall that J.E.S.S. rebored to 35 Whelen

Also own 338s 375 and both a 416 rem and Rigby