Scope ring options for Rigby Highland Stalker in 275 Rigby

Pain in the arse to set up initially.
It definitely is more involved than installing some other scope mounts but definitely doable.

I found the following information from EAW very helpful when I worked on my EAW ring mount.

1. EAW scope mount instruction (actual mounting instruction starts from page 37)
  2. "Adhesive is recommended for reliability for decades to come. You can use a bit of Loctite on the screws, but not neccesary. Most important is the use of an adhesive at the front plate (position see instructions) and the bottom half of the front ring. Care and clean is king, work with acetone for cleaning or likewise."
    1. "In Europe we use UHU Endfest 300. In the US Scotchkote (3M) is highly recommended. Will remove without residue when a heat gun is applied."
    2. you can actually order UHU Endfest 300 from Amazon. I opted to use Scothkote (3M)
  3. Torque specs:
    1. Base Screws: 1.5NM
    2. Ring Screws: 1.6NM
    3. Hinge Screws (Front foot): 4-5NM
Hope this helps someone who is looking into using EAW ring mounts.

Regards,

It definitely is more involved than installing some other scope mounts but definitely doable.

I found the following information from EAW very helpful when I worked on my EAW ring mount.

1. EAW scope mount instruction (actual mounting instruction starts from page 37)
  2. "Adhesive is recommended for reliability for decades to come. You can use a bit of Loctite on the screws, but not neccesary. Most important is the use of an adhesive at the front plate (position see instructions) and the bottom half of the front ring. Care and clean is king, work with acetone for cleaning or likewise."
    1. "In Europe we use UHU Endfest 300. In the US Scotchkote (3M) is highly recommended. Will remove without residue when a heat gun is applied."
    2. you can actually order UHU Endfest 300 from Amazon. I opted to use Scothkote (3M)
  3. Torque specs:
    1. Base Screws: 1.5NM
    2. Ring Screws: 1.6NM
    3. Hinge Screws (Front foot): 4-5NM
Hope this helps someone who is looking into using EAW ring mounts.

Regards,

I used scotchkote as well. Seems to be the right level of adhesion.

Reactions: yhc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross