Scope Mounting Issue Advice needed

Yep, a quick update.
I emailed back and forth with Warne and I also spoke with the gunshop I bought the rings at. I’ve not had any luck with being able to use them and the shop has asked me to return them.
I will most likely look at buying a set or two of other mounts and rings to try.
When I closed the rings against each other, the right half of both front and rear rings was a bit smaller diameter than the left rings so I think that could be the issue.
I did not set up a bar or points as suggested above considering that the rings seem out of spec to start with.
I believe that the rings are squeezing the tube causing the issue.

I've got a few sets of both Warne and Talley rings like those, so I was curious. Certainly sounds like that set of rings is off. Best of luck with new mounts/rings.

When I ordered Leopold QR Weaver bases for my Model 70's, there were different offerings according to the action length, and (I seem to recall) for Pre-64 and new FN issue, versus the in-between production. I would double check what Warne model you have, as a first resort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois