Scope for Model 99

Update: found a mint, NIB Weaver K4 (circa 1956 to 1960) from a reputable dealer. It’s on its way from Montana. Thanks for all advice.

Great news. Pictures and hunt report to come?

For you Weaver experts, I bought a rifle awhile back that has a scope that is very similar to a weaver K 2.5 but it has no markings on it unless they are under the rings, which I am unable to remove without messing things up. I'm wondering if there were any Weaver scopes that were made without the standard markings or if there were imitations in that era. The rifle as made in 1949 and the scope/mounts appear to be contemporary to it.

Great news. Pictures and hunt report to come?

Hoping for mule deer with it in AZ next fall or maybe a Texas exotic in the spring. I’ll post some pics of the gun later today and scope when it comes in.

Scope came in today. Looking forward to setting this up and shooting it!

IMG_4360.JPG
IMG_4354.JPG
IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_4356.JPG
IMG_4358.JPG
IMG_4362.JPG
IMG_4363.JPG

Looking good. Thanks for the pictures.

Flat8.............I also hunt with a solid frame 99 EG like yours. Scoped. You might consider adding a leather cheek pad (eg Cabelas) in mid size to raise your eye to scope level. I needed it. They look vintage, and require no mods. While the 300 caliber may not be the rarest, it is the best for my uses. I have taken two bull elk and two large muleys with the gun. Sadly, the trigger is what it is. If you find any way to substantially improve the 99's trigger........please post. Good hunting...............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlendaMccl

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!