AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life
Hunted
Namibia, RSA, Canada (Sask, BC, NWT, Nunavut), US (NY, PA, TX, CO, NE, SD, ID, AK)
What about the opinion in this poem? Personally, I prefer using a scope, except in heavy cover. Actually, unless it's a wounded buffalo, if the cover is that thick, I'd prefer to look elsewhere

Inyati
The GPS is very nice,
Your laser sight is keen,
But when Inyati comes your way,
Your instinct is to scream.
If looks alone could put one down,
His stare would stop your heart,
For when he tilts those awful horns,
Your composure falls apart.
He’s coming now across the veld,
Consumed with rage and pain;
As death looms close on deadly hooves,
You fight to still your aim.
Your scope is filled with solid black,
Your heart is filled with dread,
And if you'd used the double gun,
You might not now be dead.

©Francis Flavin 2022

A low power like a 1-6 would be good. On 1 it basically a red dot. A few of us use those for work on ARs. Good for up close out to 300 yards. I've never hunted buffalo but they can't be anymore dangerous than the people I deal with.....

I'm assuming the Buffalo is wounded already they don't generally chase people when in perfect health. Either are fine if you have the proper low power light gathering wide field of view scope.

I can’t help but wonder how much DG experience the poet has. Several red flags for me. Perhaps a nice piece for a book of poetry but I suspect too many on this site have held the controls. Firstly, I have never encountered a GPS or a “laser sight” on a buffalo hunt. Secondly, when a dangerous animal is coming to kill you, your instruct is to run and not scream. Lastly, you can damn near look through a rifle’s open sights with a 1 power scope so no way for it to be filled with all black. I see what the poet is trying to do and I’m sure he’s a cool guy but the OP has asked for a critique of the opinion in the piece and I have given mine.

Last edited:
I think it's artistic poetry, and it made me smile. Thanks for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois