Scope Choice For Mid Asian Ibex

Roller

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Namibia, RSA, USA
Lining up post-pandemic hunt plans. For those who have been or have solid recommendations, interested in the best scope (power, reticle, turret, etc ) for mid-asian ibex hunt. I plan on using a 300 Win Mag. Can also mention other recommended optics (Binos, spotting scope?, etc). Thanks.

For the distances you might be shooting at I'd go with the Swarovski Z8i 3.5 - 28x50P.

If want less magnification then you could go with Z8i 2 - 16X 50P

Any experience with the Swaro Z5i 3.5-18X44? I was leaning towards one of those with ballistic turrets.

No, but I have a couple of Z6i scopes with BTs, I like them.

Any experience with the Swaro Z5i 3.5-18X44? I was leaning towards one of those with ballistic turrets.

I have one of those with BT. Great neat scope for day time hunting. Not that great in low light.

Yeah I'm still on the fence. Frankly, these new scopes that seem more designed to stare at distant solar systems are freaking ridiculous. May just go with some type of hold over reticle and a reasonable magnification (10-12 X) . In other words, scopes I already own. I don't plan on twisting dials like some sort of goofy ass goat sniper.

I think the VX6 2x12 would be an incredibly versatile option. They also have the custom dials if a person wanted one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg