www.mbizisafariszambia.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Full member of IPHA / PHAZ / WPAZ, SHOAZ, OPHA & SCI
Hunted
Zambia Zimbabwe Tanzania RSA Cameroon Namibia Gunea Bissau
Politicians listen to scientists on climate change…
How about they listen to some REAL science.

Could banning trophy hunting in African countries do more harm than good fr conservation? Researchers from the University of Adelaide have found that banning hunting of large game could lead to economic stress and compromise a country’s ability to invest in critical conservation initiatives.
cape-buffalo1_large.jpg

“Understandably, many people oppose trophy hunting and believe it is contributing to the ongoing loss of species; however, we contend that banning the U.S.’s $217 million per year industry in Africa could end up being worse for species conservation,” Professor Bradshaw, Director of Ecological Modeling in the University of Adelaide’s Environment Institute, explained in a
news release
. “Conserving biodiversity can be expensive, so generating money is essential for environmental non-government organizations, conservation-minded individuals,government agencies and scientists.”

Surprisingly, researchers found trophy hunting can even be less disruptive than ecotourism, which puts humans in contact with wildlife on a much larger scale.

right on,loud and clear.

Hope this gets published here in the states.

Conservation doesn't survive on emotions, great report.

I agree that this is good at a macro level . . . but . . . on a micro level? There will be high costs to implement all 11 of the recommendations, many of which are there simply to prove to there that honest people are in fact honest.

These "taxes on honesty" never serve any purpose other than to create more data gathering and management jobs, mostly in government. Far better we focus our resources on the dishonest people. If you don't know who they are, they're the ones not filling in the reports.

Nice report, lets hope the U.S. fish and wildlife folks see it.

A backup professional shooter on all safaris, I thought that was the PH's job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross