SCI vs DSC

koodoo62

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
A question for those who live in Texas, particularly Central Texas. I am retiring and leaving Austin. I am building a house outside of Fredericksburg (my builder refers to it as “a trophy room with some attached bedrooms”). I attend the DSC convention every year and usually the Houston show as well. Do you have recommendations as the local chapters (SCI in Kerrville and Austin, DSC in San Antonio)?

Fredericksburg is a great place in my opinion. Have only visited though. Never lived there. Good luck!

For German food and beer SCI Kerville.
For Mexican food DSC San Antonio.
For ... SCI Austin.:LOL:

I am a member of DSC South Texas and Alamo SCI. DSC is very active, SCI not so much. I prefer DSC annual banquet over the Alamo, very nice trips to bid on, and great auction items. DSC has more and IMO better activities. At least once a year a members trophy room social, party at Rebecca Creek Distillery, Dove hunt. Most in Fredericksburg/Kerrville belong to SCI Kerrville and DSC South Texas.

Kerrville SCI split off of Alamo several years ago. Kerrville SCI has a trophy room social and banquet each year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!