Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
I have a question for the other hunters out there who have attended the SCI Convention in the past....

My wife and I will be in Vegas on sepaerate business that happens to coincide with the SCI Convention/show. We would like to take in a day at the show and look around. My question is will a full day be enough time to cover the whole show or is that unrealistic? We are not in the market to book a hunt, we really just want to see the various displays by the outfitters & vendors and take in the experience...

Thanks for any input from those that have attended a previous show...

You can skim the convention in one day but I recommend two days to be able to take it all in. If you're already going to be in LV b y all means check it out. Just seeing the taxidermy art is worth it.
Have a great time.

I agree two days at the very least, you can see "most" of the floor if you walk fast and don't stop to look at anything, but that's not going to happen ;) to much eye candy for us hunters, mounts, guns, videos, auctions etc.

You will walk in and say, 'What the-, wholly cow!" One day is just enough to determine that you need the entire show days just to get a handle on what's there. If you've never been- good luck on one day (but it would be fun!!!) If you want only one day, go day 1 of the show. Usually lots less people. Easier to get around quickly. Check prices to compare 1 day as oppossed to several if you have time. Also, if you ever get to Dallas during the Dallas Safari Club show do that one. About half the size but still top quality.

I have a question for the other hunters out there who have attended the SCI Convention in the past....

My wife and I will be in Vegas on sepaerate business that happens to coincide with the SCI Convention/show. We would like to take in a day at the show and look around. My question is will a full day be enough time to cover the whole show or is that unrealistic? We are not in the market to book a hunt, we really just want to see the various displays by the outfitters & vendors and take in the experience...

Thanks for any input from those that have attended a previous show...

Yeah I think Cliffy has it best described, you will amazed at the vastness of the SCI Convention. One day is really not realistic if you plan to spend anytime whatsoever taking it in. Furthermore, it would be cost ineffective to go for only one day. If I recall correctly there are no one day passes or such. You will have to be a member of SCI to attend and that yearly membership is a bit pricy plus convention tickets.

I would encourage you to go if you can. I spent 2 days at the show last year and really would have liked to have spent one more. There were a number of seminars plus the live auctions that I wasn't able to do with only being there for two days. I did get to Craig Boddington's seminar on lion hunting which was quite interesting. I'll most likely never hunt for lions but it was still interesting and there were several others that I'm sure were good to.

We are SCI members, and you can get single day passes for around $100/pp...

I actually work for a South African outfitter as a rep here in the U.S. We are not attending the show as outfitters, so we are doing some friendly research on the competition....

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg