Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Congratulations to @Paul Babaz , @Ivan Carter , and @Conservation Force

SCI President Paul Babaz Named To International Wildlife Conservation Council
Safari Club International President Paul Babaz and other SCI members were among those named to the U.S. Department of the Interior’s new International Wildlife Conservation Council.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced the names in the March 2 edition of the Federal Register.

babaz--paul200x.tmb-medium.jpg

“The Council provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary of the Interior regarding the benefits that result from United States citizens traveling to foreign nations to engage in hunting," the announcement stated.

“I am honored to be named to this prestigious council and look forward to begin working with my fellow hunters and conservationists,” said SCI President Babaz. “The responsibility before us is great. Advising Secretary Zinke on critical decisions affecting wildlife conservation and hunting at the international level is a matter I take very seriously.”

The council was proposed last year by Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke and was designed to have a pro-hunting conservation perspective. The 16 members of the council represent various facets of the pro-hunting community.

“This council will provide important insight into the ways that American sportsmen and women benefit international conservations from boosting economies and creating hundreds of jobs to enhancing wildlife conservation,” Secretary Zinke said when announcing his proposal Nov. 8, 2017.

The other appointees to the council are: Bill Brewster, Ivan Carter, Steven Chancellor, Jenifer Chatfield, Cameron Hanes, Peter Horn, Chris Hudson, Mike Ingram, John Jackson, Gary Kania, Terry Maple, Keith Mark, Olivia Opre, Erica Rhoad, and Denise Walker.

https://www.safariclub.org/what-we-...dlife-conservation-council?platform=hootsuite

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 228
Congratulations!

Bill Brewster, Ivan Carter, Steven Chancellor, Jenifer Chatfield, Cameron Hanes, Peter Horn, Chris Hudson, Mike Ingram, John Jackson, Gary Kania, Terry Maple, Keith Mark, Olivia Opre, Erica Rhoad, and Denise Walker.

Congrats. Interesting list of names. Good to see @Ivan Carter on there. And Cam Hanes.

Great to see Mr. Jackson's name on that list. Too bad, Dr. Easter did not make the cut.

Congratulations young man! Another hat to wear and a very full plate to deal with! With Opre, Jackson and Carter on the board among the others, you're working with a pretty important crowd there. Good Luck!

Congratulations Paul! May you serve with honor and distinction.

Thank you to all of those named to the Council for answering the call to service.

Congrats to Paul, and hopefully, congrats to us all - seems like this a very good step to at least giving hunters a direct line of communication to the decision makers.

Congratulations to all.

Excellent news in my book!

Now let's hope this council will be listened to.

This really seems like a Council with significant experience and depth! Congratulations to all.

Congratulations all.

It's nice to see three AH members on this list.

Ryan Zinke is a major improvement over Sally Jewel. Night and day.

Congratulations all.

It's nice to see three AH members on this list.

Ryan Zinke is a major improvement over Sally Jewel. Night and day.

Amen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you