SCI Nashville or Dallas Convention?

Ravensview

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
SCI,DSC, DU
I’ve been reading about all of the great reviews from the Nashville SCI convention, did the venue change, change anybody’s thoughts about which one they would attend if they could only attend one?
How do they compare in overall costs to attend to each other i.e. Hotels, meals, admittance etc.

I’ve been reading about all of the great reviews from the Nashville SCI convention, did the venue change, change anybody’s thoughts about which one they would attend if they could only attend one?
How do they compare in overall costs to attend to each other i.e. Hotels, meals, admittance etc.
Hi @Ravensview, the convention was great and it was fun being in Nashville…but Nashville now is a mini Vegas (nashvegas!) so hotels are really expensive (at least in our eyes). We decided that next year we are going to DSC. We have only been there once but liked that it was a bit smaller and more quaint somehow if that makes sense. So we are doing to DSC for sure next year. We even booked at air b & b already which will be much better than a hotel. Still, who knows, we still might go to SCI too. I love seeing all the people that I have met through my book from social media and doing podcasts etc. it feels like I am seeing old friends….so I hate NOT going. I hope this helps.

I attended the SCI convention and it was great! It’s a 4 hour drive for me vs a 10 hour drive….or a flight…to Dallas. The shows are very comparable. As @Sue Tidwell says, Nashville is expensive! I think all said, Nashville is a better option for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg