Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
SCI London Chapter Pursues Further Clarification From British Airways

"Further to recent press reports regarding the carriage of sporting firearms by passengers transiting the UK on British Airways flights, British Airways has taken advice from the relevant UK government department, BERR and can confirm that it is not required to impose additional restrictions on the list of countries to which sporting firearms can be taken as personal baggage by passengers flying through the UK. Passengers will need to satisfy themselves that they fall within the terms of the UK's Open General Export License for Sporting Guns (http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file50657.pdf) and as before, there are some prominent hunting countries for which this license cannot be used, including Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Croatia, Ethiopia, Iran, FYR Macedonia, Nepal, China, Serbia, Sudan, Uzbekistan, and Zimbabwe." This above paragraph is a verbatim quote from Peter Jones, General Manager Aviation Security of British Airlines in an email correspondence with Safari Club International London Chapter President Abigail Day.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Jerome,
Have you heard anything that has changed from this transhipment license as reveled in the email above? It looks like rifles and ammo can be transhipped as long as it doesn't go to one of the banned countries at any time. Now, going by American Airlines might be a different story.

No update on this.

thanks Jerome...

Cliffy...Start looking for a different route to fly if you want to go with American airlines through the UK

Hi Guys
For me when I go to Africa from Scotland, whether I fly British Airways or British Midland to London Heathrow I am charged ?ï½£25.00 each way (550 miles)
Yet flying with Virgin to Joberg it does not cost me a penny.
Then I have to pay again for excess baggage with South African Airlines, anothe 300Rand each way.
All in all I am forking out approx. ï½£110 for the pleaseure of my gun being taken on board.

Regards

DavieH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowlimitless

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross