Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
Just got this email, perhaps some positive news in the future?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zimbabwe Lion and Elephant Hunters – SCI Needs Information
SCI’s Washington, D.C. office is seeking information about SCI members who hunted lions in Zimbabwe since January of 2016 and who hunted elephants in Zimbabwe since May of 2014. Please contact us only if you –

• Successfully hunted a lion in Zimbabwe since January 2016, and applied for a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for the importation of your lion;
or

• Successfully hunted a lion in Zimbabwe since January 2016 and have not yet applied for a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for the importation of your lion;
or

• Successfully hunted an elephant in Zimbabwe since May 2014, applied for a permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for the importation of your elephant, and received a denial of your permit.
If you fall into either of these categories, please contact Anna Seidman, SCI Director of Government Affairs at aseidman@safariclub.org.

Wonder why they are only asking about Zim, and not Tanzania also?

Wonder why they are only asking about Zim, and not Tanzania also?
Separate sets of issues... each to be dealt with on their own merits.

There are a lot more problem elephants in Zimbabwe. More communal land where conflict arrizes. And I'm not so sure about Tanzania other than discussions with hunt operators there. But i believe the Tanzanian elephant population has been really devastated by poaching.... Where as there are plenty of elephants in Zimbabwe. And Zim did get their shit together and provided data and plans on elephants to USFWS.

I remember an article here about the rampant poaching in Tanzania, especially in the Selous. Hopefully both countries can provide a positive plan. Get the USA ban lifted, and get more conservation dollars flowing in the right directions.

I have contacted her in the past and did so again. I think USFWS will just slowly go country by country on the permits but looks positive.
I hope they hurry so my lion and leopard can ship Together!
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg