AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
The African Wildlife Consultative Forum (AWCF) will be held in Arusha, Tanzania, from November 13-17, 2017. The meeting marks the 15th meeting of African governments, professional hunting associations, and wildlife management experts from all over the world.

awcf-logo-2017.jpg

This year’s AWCF will feature an African lion and leopard symposium, headlined by the SCI Foundation-sponsored Tanzania Lion Project. Now in its third field season, the Mississippi State University and Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute’s project compares lion survey methods across the Serengeti-Ngorongoro-Maswa landscape on a variety of different land use types.

Prior to the AWCF meeting, SCI Foundation’s biologists will visit Serengeti National Park to assist researchers with call-in surveys and lion collaring. After thoroughly proving the validity of the methods in Tanzania, the goal is to encourage other lion range states to adopt the project’s cost-effective methods to more accurately estimate lion populations.

The upcoming AWCF will be the first opportunity to discuss the results of the Economic Contributions of Hunting-Related Tourism in Eastern and Southern Africa report, produced with information collected at AWCF and the SCI Convention by Southwick Associates. The study examined hunter spending in an eight-country area from 2012 to 2014, and discovered that more than 18,000 hunter tourists visit the region every year, supporting over 53,000 jobs and contributing $426 million to the GDP of the eight African economies.

southwick-report-infographic-top-part-only.jpg

The forum will also focus on human-wildlife conflict, international policy, community based conservation approaches, wildlife management issues, and other research priorities.

(Promo video from AWCF 2014: Ethiopia)

SCI Foundation is honored to co-host this meeting with the United Republic of Tanzania’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism. We are thrilled to see participation from high-level government officials from Tanzania, numerous African nations, and we expect a productive meeting.

Source: https://firstforwildlife.com/2017/1...ric-15th-african-wildlife-consultative-forum/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,