SCI Dallas, Houston, Nashville

Spearhead

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
I let the Dallas SCI show sneak up on me because our Whitetail rut has started in south Louisiana.
Was thinking of making the Houston show at the end of Jan or waiting and going to Nashville for the big daddy.

Can anyone advise since I'll miss Dallas, if Houston or waiting for Nashville would be best to see all things hunting and meet African outfitters?

I appreciate any experienced responses.

Nashville will be far far bigger than Houston. Dallas and Houston are show within themselves. Nashville is the only SCI show.

I personally would wait for SCI
Houston show is smaller, you can usually walk it and visit with most in one day. Since I am missing DSC and SCI is out of question I will go to Houston. Only 1 hour drive.
Search to see if any out offers you want to talk to will be there.

Houston is a very small show, not much larger than Texas Trophy Hunter. That said, if I miss DSC which it’s looking like, I will drive over to Houston for the day on Saturday.

Houston is not large but there is quite a few good quality Outfitters there. Well worth going. Avoid booking agents!

I let the Dallas SCI show sneak up on me because our Whitetail rut has started in south Louisiana.
Was thinking of making the Houston show at the end of Jan or waiting and going to Nashville for the big daddy.

Can anyone advise since I'll miss Dallas, if Houston or waiting for Nashville would be best to see all things hunting and meet African outfitters?

Nashville for certain

We’ve been going to SCI for years. It is absolutely my husbands favorite thing to do. You could walk all day the whole week and probably not see everything. I also love it because now I know a lot of purple and it is great seeing old friends so to speak. I have never been to Houston so I can’t offer any advice on that one. I’m sure you’ll have a great time in whichever you choose.

Houston is probably only 10% what Dallas and Nashville will be but if you see an outfitter you really want to speak with going to Houston, it's unusually a lot less crowded and you can talk with vendors easily.

Houston is very small.

Houston is a very small show, not much larger than Texas Trophy Hunter. That said, if I miss DSC which it’s looking like, I will drive over to Houston for the day on Saturday.

I misspoke, I just looked at the floor plan, it’s smaller then Texas Trophy Hunters show. But I did not see any of the junk found at TTH.

@Spearhead there are many of us going to SCI who would enjoy seeing you there at the AH get-together.

@Spearhead there are many of us going to SCI who would enjoy seeing you there at the AH get-together.
Scott, what are the details on AH get-together? I’ll be at SCI on Friday & Saturday.

Make sure you come to the Chapuis booth and say hello. :giggle:

Scott, what are the details on AH get-together? I’ll be at SCI on Friday & Saturday.

Here you go. Can you make it Friday night?

Here you go. Can you make it Friday night?
I can, unless I’m out with Alan Vincent that night. Of course, I could bring him along. He doesn’t get on any of the hunting websites, doesn’t advertise (doesn’t need to) beyond having a booth at the shows, so might be good to drag him there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg