SCI Condemns Arbitrary Decision by Domestic Airlines to Ban Hunting Trophies

Johnny, I’m not saying you should join SCI or support that organization in any way if you choose not to. You’ve made the point that SCI has failed you "miserably" and that you want no part of that organization in your last three posts. If SCI does not suit your needs or ideals when it comes to hunting that’s okay with me. SCI is obviously not a good fit for you so I certainly have no problem with it whatsoever.

However, I do believe the best way for us to support sport hunting and to protect our outdoor heritage is to join some firearms or hunting organization and to become involved. There are many options to do that at local, state, and national levels. In this day and age no sport hunter or gun enthusiast should leave it up to others to carry the load for them.

Besides SCI there are other organizations that need support through membership and more importantly through volunteering of time and effort. Some of those organizations are; the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, National Rifle Association, Dallas Safari Club, National Wild Turkey Foundation, Mule Deer Foundation, Duck’s Unlimited, Wild Sheep Foundation, Pheasants Forever, Whitetails Unlimited, Houston Safari Club, Quality Deer management Association, Quail Forever, Boone and Crockett Club or fill in the blank __________ as an organization of choice.

They can’t ALL be bad. There surely must be some supportive organization out there that is an acceptable fit with every sport and gun enthusiast.

I also feel it’s better to pitch up the ideals and benefits of a hunting organization that better suits one’s needs than to express continuing disdain for some other organization. Anti’s must love coming to sites such as this to read about our criticism of organizations that profess to support and further our sport. United we stand and divided we fall. Why give anti’s more ammunition to shoot us with?

As far as SCI dropping the ball in this instance I will agree. But as has already been mentioned by others they got blindsided along with everyone else. I cannot think of anyone who saw it coming. In any event it’s now time for SCI and other organizations to regroup.

Please do not mistake what I’ve said to mean that criticism should never be leveled at SCI or any other organization. That’s not what I’m saying. I just believe continuing in that vain can be counter productive.

Good hunting to you.
Big 5 if I have repeated my disappointment in SCI in several posts it's because I want to believe someone is looking out for us. I of course believe all spostman should support one or more pro hunting pro conservation groups. I've never relied on anyone to carry my weight nor do I think SCI should bear full responsibility for hunters. Maybe I've said too much on this or other subjects but my passion runs deep for the people , my dogs, and the sport I love. I've waited a very long time to be able to go on safari and as most here know that dream will be realized in several short weeks. I just want the next kid who watches the outdoor channel and reads outdoor magazines to have his dream realized someday as I have mine.

Enysse,
SCI has the power to eventually stop poaching.
1) When all the Ivory is seized it's put in a pile and burned....
Negotiate with the government to sell it at below market value and drive the price down,then take a % for anti poaching.
2) Convince the airline to charge more for shipping to China & Vietnam.
3) Start a fund to buy government vehicles and give them to the Anti
Poaching unit.
4) Trophies fees on the big 5 go to anti poaching
I'm just putting out idea, everything is possible.
Why do I pick on SCI they are the only organization with world wide
power and chapters.

Enysse,
Negotiate with the government to sell it at below market value and drive the price down,then take a % for anti poaching.
Poaching unit.
power and chapters.
Agreed Robert. I've said the same on several threads here on AH. Makes no sense to not legalize the sale of ivory and use the money for wildlife. Problems I see is if that did happen who will oversee and guarantee the money is put to its proper use. In any event as you said If SCI really wanted to do more than can readily. Apparently I'm frustrated with our public perception.

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . I just want the next kid who watches the outdoor channel and reads outdoor magazines to have his dream realized someday as I have mine.

Johnny, we share that same wish.

I also wish you all the best for your upcoming trip and fulfillment of your dream.

:E Day Dreaming:
Poaching unit.
power and chapters.
:E Day Dreaming:
You have some great ideas, but they will never happen. You are dealing with government and a lot of that is wishful thinking.:D Cheers:

I honestly think unless you open up selling of rhino horn or allowing elephant trophies from legal hunts to be imported to USA from every country in Africa, we are wasting air talking.:A Stirring::A Wave Sad: :A Voodoo::A Up To Something::E Devious:
But then again government not SCI is the problem:A Whistle:

Enysse,
I deal with Government every day !!!!!
Fish and wildlife, USDA, CDC, Customs, Airlines, and shipping companies in the USA and around the world. All you need is Time & Money......

:E Day Dreaming::E Day Dreaming:
You have some great ideas, but they will never happen. You are dealing with government and a lot of that is wishful thinking.:D Cheers:

I honestly think unless you open up selling of rhino horn or allowing elephant trophies from legal hunts to be imported to USA from every country in Africa, we are wasting air talking.:A Stirring::A Wave Sad: :A Voodoo::A Up To Something::E Devious:
But then again government not SCI is the problem:A Whistle:

'enysse', again I find myself in agreement with you. Although it seems to be a good idea I don't see SCI having the necessary influence to pull it off.

Enysse,
I deal with Government every day !!!!!
Fish and wildlife, USDA, CDC, Customs, Airlines, and shipping companies in the USA and around the world. All you need is Time & Money......

'Safari Specialty', I in no way mean this as a snipe as you do have a good idea. With your experience why not jump in and press that issue with SCI? That is the way things get done. As with any organization the more involved you become the more people you meet and the more issues and influence you gain.

You must know that it can't happen overnight, but it won't happen at all if the effort is not made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny, we share that same wish.

I also wish you all the best for your upcoming trip and fulfillment of your dream.
Thank you sir

Big 5
Everyone one on the forum knows I push very hard for the hunters and the hunting industry.
I love AH people...They are very respectful and knowledgeable and it is a well run forum. (Thank you Jerome and your staff)
The forum is good for two things: (1) entertainment (2) Movement....
There is NO "action".....
I posted on the forum about a Cape buffalo hunt, with proceeds going to a fund to support fallen or injured PH's.
I worked very hard to get an all inclusive hunt to raise money in support of the PH's.
Since the foundation is run and founded by DSC, SCI members won't by tickets.
The PH does not ask you which organization you belong to before or after the hunt.
He puts his life on the line for the client/hunter....
This is perfect example of division.
I pay dues to SCI, DSC, Houston ETC. I am 'just a number', like everyone else.
We have a lot of power here and very smart and well rounded people.....so let's take "ACTION"
Lets stop the division and come up with a plan to unite !!!!!!!
Ernest Hemingway.png

Safari Specialty -

I have no doubt whatsoever about your commitment and sincerity with regard to the hunting industy. I also found your idea to be a good one, although I do not have confidence in the SCI organization's ability to pull it off without associated expertise.

You obviously have that unique area of expertise and experience. That sir, was the primary point of my post.

My best to you.

Big 5,
Thank you....

I saw that hunt, that's a great package to bid on. I am a member of both DSC and SCI. I read in Safari magazine all the lawsuit they file on behalf of hunters, but I don't see them in front of the curve on issues and media.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!