Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
SCI 2010 Convention Reno

SCI's 38th Annual Hunters' Convention has a variety of special activities for the whole family. Randy Oitker, record holder in the Guinness Book of World Records, will demonstrate his precision archery skills Jan. 22 & 23 at the Leopards Lair Stage inside Hall 2. Plus, he will have a seminar titled "Through The Eyes of A Young Hunter" that focuses on the importance of passing the tradition of hunting on to younger generations.

1241d1258565601-sci-2010-convention-reno-randyoitker.jpg

Randy Oitker

For the ladies, the Sables Luncheon and Auction on Jan. 22 is a fun, festive afternoon. Enjoy a surfin' safari with Papa Doo Run Run, who will perform the classic songs of the Beach Boys. For additional details about the Sables Luncheon and view a full list of hunts and items that will be up for bid visit the SCI website.

Jim Shockey will be on hand sharing stories about safaris he has been on across the world. You will have the opportunity to meet hunter and producer Marc Watts. He will once again have a seminar on making the perfect shot, this time with emphasis on the double rifle. Watts will also have a book signing. Meet J. Alain Smith in person to get a signed copy of his book Hunting New Horizons. All proceeds from J. Alain Smith's book will go towards SCIF Conservation programs. For additional details about special activities and other events at The Ultimate Hunters' Market®, visit the SCI website.

1242d1258565601-sci-2010-convention-reno-marcwatts.jpg

Marc Watts

While online, take advantage of the event planner. Any event, auction item or booth you want to visit can be added to your planner. It is a great tool to plan your time and fully experience what our show has to offer. We will see you in Reno!

Attachments

• RandyOitker.jpg
    RandyOitker.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 167
  • MarcWatts.jpg
    MarcWatts.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:
Also:

our "First African Safari" seminar (it's the 21st year I've moderated it) will be held Thursday from 10 am to noon with Africa experts Craig Boddington (arms and ammo), Jack Atcheson (taxidermy/trophy shipping), Johan Calitz (what outfitters/PHs expect from you), Bev Wunderlich (tips on travel, what to take, etc.) and Ludo Wurfbain (what you should read) on the panel.

I'll also be signing my newest book "Sixty Years A Hunter" at the Safari Press booth in Reno. Times will be posted at the site.

Hope AH members will stop by and say hello. It will be nice to put faces with names.

Bill Quimby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!