AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Safari Club International does not sell lists of its Convention exhibitors nor of its members.

Beware of scurrilous scammers who are attempting to profit by offering to sell what they purport to be lists of SCI exhibitors and members.

"We do not sell our membership lists, and this includes lists of exhibitors at our Convention," said SCI Convention Chairman Scott Chapman. "Any rumors to the contrary are not true."

Recently, SCI became aware that businesses were being approached by scammers, trying to sell what they said were lists of SCI Convention exhibitors.

"SCI honors the privacy of its members and exhibitors," said SCI President Paul Babaz. "SCI's Rules of Procedure quite clearly state that 'the SCI membership list is privileged and confidential, and is for the exclusive use of SCI.'"

Anyone who is solicited to buy any SCI list of members or exhibitors is asked to call SCI World Headquarters at 202 543 8733 to report the solicitation scam.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

I have received a few of these offers in the last few months but have not kept the emails.

Here is a scam email for DSC...

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.15.46 PM.png

Here is for the Ultimate Sportsmen Market...

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.16.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Just found one for Safari Club International but have received several others...

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 3.42.55 PM.png

If you have received any such scam email please feel free to share the screenshot of it here.

those are some pretty sophisticated phishing emails.

I'm guessing the "Nigerian Prince" scam has been milked dry. time to try selling a list or two. But some sportsmen's shows publish a list of exhibitors on their websites. Anyone dumb enough to buy the list, deserves it................FBW

The AH logo gets abused a fair amount.
No one selling lists yet!

I'm guessing the "Nigerian Prince" scam has been milked dry. time to try selling a list or two. But some sportsmen's shows publish a list of exhibitors on their websites. Anyone dumb enough to buy the list, deserves it................FBW

There is always a way to scam!

I have not saved the emails, but I receive similar scam messages for SHOT Show and NRA Convention.

NRA Annual Meeting 2019 Attendees List

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 4.40.43 PM.png

Another Scam email for the NRA GREAT AMERICAN OUTDOOR SHOW 2019 ATTENDEES LIST

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.03.30 PM.png

RE : Houston Safari Club 2019 - Attendees Info

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 8.23.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Dallas Safari Club Attendees List 2019

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 8.29.00 PM 2.png

Last edited:
Scammers intensely at it...

NRA GREAT AMERICAN OUTDOOR SHOW 2019 ATTENDEES LIST

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 8.31.02 PM.png

It's rampant...

Outdoor Life / Field & Stream Expo Attendees List 2018

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 9.10.53 AM 2.png

Damn, they're good and clairvoyant too! The NRA Great American Outdoor Show isn't until next month but they have the list of two million attendees. WOW!

All, I just logged on to try to answer some questions I received via email on here, and I wanted to let you know that we all get these scam emails for other's list. SCI, does not sell or provide members information, out membership privacy policies are very strict and the same goes for NRA, DSC, and HSC all of which I am a life member as well. HSC's ED Joe Betar forwarded one of the emails he received in regards to SCI's member list, and I forwarded a similar email to DSC's ED Corey Mason that SCI received. This is just a small example that WE (SCI, DSC, HSC, and NRA) are looking out for each other. I know I sounds like broken record, but we are all working together and I want everyone to be successful as we have all agreed that we are stronger when we are united and we are better offer fighting the common enemies rather then fighting each other. I realize SCI is far from perfect, but I would like think I have made some small bit of progress. If nothing else, am proud of bringing DSC, NRA, HSC, WSF, and others to the table to work together on common goals. SCI hosted meetings in our DC office for the other groups and DSC's Corey Mason and President Karl Evans invited us to to meeting on North American Bear hunting during the convention to work on this issue. As you know bear hunting has become front and center and we are all working together on it. I can't stress enough the importance of ALL hunters working together, regardless of what you hunt or what organization you affiliate yourself with, we must be united if we are going to protect the freedom to hunt.

Good hunting, Paul

guess ive been lucky not to have received any of these lists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammie2072

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross