AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Safari Club International does not sell lists of its Convention exhibitors nor of its members.

Beware of scurrilous scammers who are attempting to profit by offering to sell what they purport to be lists of SCI exhibitors and members.

"We do not sell our membership lists, and this includes lists of exhibitors at our Convention," said SCI Convention Chairman Scott Chapman. "Any rumors to the contrary are not true."

Recently, SCI became aware that businesses were being approached by scammers, trying to sell what they said were lists of SCI Convention exhibitors.

"SCI honors the privacy of its members and exhibitors," said SCI President Paul Babaz. "SCI's Rules of Procedure quite clearly state that 'the SCI membership list is privileged and confidential, and is for the exclusive use of SCI.'"

Anyone who is solicited to buy any SCI list of members or exhibitors is asked to call SCI World Headquarters at 202 543 8733 to report the solicitation scam.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Here is a scam email for DSC...

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.15.46 PM.png

sgt_zim

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana
those are some pretty sophisticated phishing emails.

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
I'm guessing the "Nigerian Prince" scam has been milked dry. time to try selling a list or two. But some sportsmen's shows publish a list of exhibitors on their websites. Anyone dumb enough to buy the list, deserves it................FBW

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
The AH logo gets abused a fair amount.
No one selling lists yet!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
I'm guessing the "Nigerian Prince" scam has been milked dry. time to try selling a list or two. But some sportsmen's shows publish a list of exhibitors on their websites. Anyone dumb enough to buy the list, deserves it................FBW

There is always a way to scam!

IdaRam

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I have not saved the emails, but I receive similar scam messages for SHOT Show and NRA Convention.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Damn, they're good and clairvoyant too! The NRA Great American Outdoor Show isn't until next month but they have the list of two million attendees. WOW!

Paul Babaz

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC, HSC,GSCO, WSF
Hunted
RSA, Mozambique, Tanzania
All, I just logged on to try to answer some questions I received via email on here, and I wanted to let you know that we all get these scam emails for other's list. SCI, does not sell or provide members information, out membership privacy policies are very strict and the same goes for NRA, DSC, and HSC all of which I am a life member as well. HSC's ED Joe Betar forwarded one of the emails he received in regards to SCI's member list, and I forwarded a similar email to DSC's ED Corey Mason that SCI received. This is just a small example that WE (SCI, DSC, HSC, and NRA) are looking out for each other. I know I sounds like broken record, but we are all working together and I want everyone to be successful as we have all agreed that we are stronger when we are united and we are better offer fighting the common enemies rather then fighting each other. I realize SCI is far from perfect, but I would like think I have made some small bit of progress. If nothing else, am proud of bringing DSC, NRA, HSC, WSF, and others to the table to work together on common goals. SCI hosted meetings in our DC office for the other groups and DSC's Corey Mason and President Karl Evans invited us to to meeting on North American Bear hunting during the convention to work on this issue. As you know bear hunting has become front and center and we are all working together on it. I can't stress enough the importance of ALL hunters working together, regardless of what you hunt or what organization you affiliate yourself with, we must be united if we are going to protect the freedom to hunt.

Good hunting, Paul

edward

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
guess ive been lucky not to have received any of these lists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloyDevann

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh